Apple MacBook 13" Screen Notebook Released

Discussion in 'Notebook News and Reviews' started by Andrew Baxter, May 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chase17

chase17 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  2. lukealexander

lukealexander Notebook Evangelist NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    I would hope you didn't take Apple's 2GB RAM, because that is WAY overpriced.

As for integrated graphics, the reasoning is obvious. This is the "consumer" notebook at a lower price, and most consumers don't need discreet graphics. That would push price & heat & weight up, and battery life down. If you need discreet graphics, the obvious answer is the Macbook Pro.

3. SRD

SRD Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Intergrated graphics is fine. who games on a 13.3 in i think its a good price. i might just pick one up.

4. yassarian

yassarian Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    This one is good. I'd rather have lower heat, lower weight, and a longer battery life than *attempt* to game on a 13-incher. Looking for a small workhorse that's stylish and doesn't break the bank. And since it's manufactured by Asustek, maybe the quality will be slightly better than the problem-prone MBPs...

cheers,

yass

5. chase17

chase17 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Right. Nice n' cool running, long battery life, glossy screen, fast ram. Nice little wireless cruiser if you ask me...in slick black too. Only gamers balk about graphics. No ill effects here.

6. hajanen

hajanen Newbie

Reputations:
    I´m wondering now if MBP is worth 2K when major difference is dedicated GPU. Theres also a size issue, but generally why not pick a half priced model with the same processor, HD and memory?

(after all, I must come to US to buy it for normal price. In Central Europe, MBP is for 2,8K, would You believe it.)

7. SRD

SRD Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Dont upgrade the ram if you buy it or the HD you can buy the lower model and get ram and big hard drive off newegg for cheaper. One thing though this thing Weighs 5.2lbs on a 13.3 in notebook thats alot. thats alomost a lbs more than most laptops that size.

8. syxbit

syxbit Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I disagree about there needing to be intel gfx for sixe.
    it's true, they couldn't have ded. gfx. but what about an nvidia or ati onboard??
    this would have been perfect.
    i would have bought one with that.
    it doesn't have to be GOOD nvidia/ati...but ANYTHING buy intel!!!

9. jackyz

jackyz Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Is 512mb of ram enough for multitaslking and whatnot given its a core duo :confused:

10. pxa270

pxa270 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    If you upgrade the white $1299 model to a 80Gb for $50 you have the same computer as the $1499 model, except for the color. Why the hell would anyone pay $150 for black paint?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.