Apple iPhone X

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets' started by Phoenix, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $$ on FILTH

Reputations:
    Dang, You need to call her?:eek: Test this
    [​IMG]

Vasudev and Phoenix like this.
  2. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Phoenix deleted it, because you didn't answer it apparently, you must have missed it...?

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/apple-iphone-x.808928/page-34#post-10694191

This has happened to me, I Like a post, change threads, and go away - only to find the next post sometime much later when another post gets made and I get an alert, and read back a few posts to "catch up".

It can be frustrating when posting a long detailed effort, only to have it appear to get ignored... maybe Phoenix can forgive you? :)

Vasudev and Phoenix like this.
  3. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Reputations:
    I believe this is what the kids call "hugging it out"

4. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    But we're friends again so nothing to forgive

Phoenix >>> [​IMG] <<< Mitlov

Vasudev, Papusan and hmscott like this.
  5. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    That's quite a fast turnaround - from foes to bros just in under one day :D

6. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Didn't know you can actually screenshot a video and post it.
    I was breathing some kind of artificial air susbstance that works similar to our backwater planet Earth! BTW, I was in Mars for a conference for Matters related to space and time fabric being ruptured and twisted by a alien who got their hands on a device that can manipulate everything and cause self destruction. :p
    I was gets pwned by my cats in the house.:oops:

Be sure to disallow access to Virtual assistants when phone is locked since you can get pwned by a bug sometimes that allows full blown access to everything if your kids/relatives use ur phone for a quick peek and request C(S)iri to show "How many times Phoenix Clean Installed his W10 PCs and BB phone".:)
    Be Safe, be like upload_2018-3-13_11-30-32.jpeg

hmscott and Phoenix like this.
  7. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:

Vasudev and hmscott like this.
  8. Papusan

Reputations:
    More Trouble In Paradise; Wireless Charging Wears Out The iPhone X’s Batteries Much Quicker Than Traditional Means Suggest Tests
    After significant uproar, Apple announced battery replacements for affected users, but the damage is done. Now, we’re seeing reports of battery problems for the iPhone X. Before we get into these, it’s wise to remember a critical fact about Apple. The company does not like to follow market trends when it comes to upgrades, choosing to march on its own tune. This is evident for wireless charging, as Apple only adopted the feature last year; undoubtedly after a lot of folks who love bandwagons chose to bash the company for not having it on the iPhone lineup.

[​IMG]

Now, Adrian Hughes of ZDNet has some interesting claims for us. He’s got an iPhone X and used wireless chargers for the smartphone. After only six weeks of usage, from January to March 15th, Adrian’s iPhone X accumulated 45 recharge cycles, bringing the total count up to 135. If you’ll recall, Apple considers batteries as ‘spent’ after 500 cycles. Of course, some iPhones last longer, but we’re talking about a general principle. So why does wireless charging increase recharge cycles for the iPhone X? Well the answer is deceptively simple.

When you charge an iPhone X with a cable, it’s the cable which powers the device. However, on inductive charging, the battery is responsible for providing power to the device. This results in undue strain, one which Apple either failed to inform users about again; or is itself unaware of. Whichever is the case, looks like another storm is headed Cupertino’s way. Hopefully it’s just smoke. Batten down the shutters folks, and let us know what you think in the comments section below. We’ll keep you updated on the latest.

Ashtrix and Vasudev like this.
  9. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Reputations:
    Wouldn't that "discovery" affect non-Apple phones just as much? It it were as bad in practice as that makes it sound, we'd know about it. Certain Android phones have been offering wireless charging for years. I charge my phone almost exclusively on wireless chargers and have for the past eighteen months, and it's just fine.

Vasudev, Papusan and hmscott like this.
  10. Papusan

Reputations:
    Most likely whats stated in bolded text:) From the mentioned link.

"When you charge an iPhone X with a cable, it’s the cable which powers the device. However, on inductive charging, the battery is responsible for providing power to the device. This results in undue strain, one which Apple either failed to inform users about again; or is itself unaware of. Whichever is the case, looks like another storm is headed Cupertino’s way. Hopefully it’s just smoke."