Apple 2011 - Coasting...

Discussion in 'Apple and Mac OS X' started by Alchemist, Feb 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doh123

doh123 Without ME its just AWESO

Reputations:
    no.. just want something priced decently compared to the competition. The little niceties of Apple's machines are getting more and more expensive all the time. And they need to stop releasing machines that have aspects to them that are a downgrade of the previous selling machines, which is what they've done on a 2 of the models.

2. Pmarti9069

Pmarti9069 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Performance and value per dollar is what drove me to buy an alienware m17x r3. $1700 gets you better hardware than 2500. I do miss osx and am contemplating selling m17x r3 and switching back, but I would have never considered switching if apple were more competitive on specs and price.

3. TheUndertow

TheUndertow Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Seems they put more into their designs and then carry it over for a 3 year or so.

They also churn/burn through less models overall but I tend to think of th at as a good thing.

I've gone with the latest and greatest Asus laptop the last 3x (W3J, G71G-A2, G71G-Q) and they all were sent back within the first year for progressive and then catastrophic failure.

I wanted the full refresh (like the stock SSD for the OS mmmm) but may still pick up a 2011 since I've ben wanting to buy some "Mac Only" Apogee hardware for a while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.