]]>

***Aorus X7 Pro owner's lounge***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by cookiesowns, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Joel2312

Joel2312 Newbie

Reputations:
    Guys I'm have issue with my aorus x7 pro v5. The plastic frame of my screen start peeling off and the hinge cant close due to uneven force distribution, can I fix it by myself? The glue of this laptop seems to be weak

2. OSUbuckeye2007

OSUbuckeye2007 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Today i discovered a 'worn out' usb port.
    Never encountered this in my life, didn't know USB ports could be worn out.
    I used this one the most, swapped cables probably 1-2x per day. There is no real visual problem but since no cables are recognized at all, upon plugging in, I can only assume it is worn out.

I've had it for 1yr 3mo, purchased through Amazon from ExcaliburPC. Anyone have experience with this type of issue? Is it worth the warranty claim? The port is the USB on the left, when looking at the keyboard on the v6.
    Just wondering if I should fix or warranty.

I have experience tearing and building PCs. I've replaced the power socket off the motherboard on a past laptop (Asus G73), and have all the soldering equipment needed, since I build micro drones. But I've never opened my Aorus and since it is under warranty, wanted an experienced opinion.

3. Svegetto

Svegetto Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    All ports have a certain durability. Per the spec (http://www.usb.org/developers/docs/devclass_docs/CabConn20.pdf) USB Type has the smallest of 1500 insertion cycles (usb mini/b has 5000 and micro has 10000). Given 2x a day, you should only be at <900 cycles, so it is a premature failure. Whether it's worth the warranty claim it depends on you..... ~2 weeks without the machine for one of your usb ports.