***Aorus X7 Pro owner's lounge***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by cookiesowns, Dec 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Star1child

Star1child Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Forgot on first posting but edited in after, should be visible now. I had noted them separately on phone from visually identifying temps as benchmark ran it's course.

I had Logitech ARX app running on separate tablet (Nexus 7) which sits in the Dock of my Logitech G910 Keyboard. I have found shows system statistics to be 100% accurate and matching that of the Aorus System Gauge albeit with a second or two delay (WiFi link and protocols). I had to use the ARX app when running the test with the X7 Pro 'only' outputting the display to a single external monitor; normally I would have 'Extended Display' setting with Aorus's System Gauge running on the X7 Pro's screen as extended and the games running on the external monitor set as main display.

2. Neil Patrick Faller

Neil Patrick Faller Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have some issue with bluetooth devices. When I connect some bluetooth speakers like Bose and JBL the range is short and some broken sound if someone block the space between the laptop and devices. Also i use dualshock 4 via bluetooth using ds4windows and most of the time was delayed input (more than 30-100ms) and forced me to use usb cable for instant input. I haven't notice this before in my previous laptop alienware 15. Do you also have issues with stock bluetooth? I'm planning to buy small dongle but ill ask first to you guys if there is a fix or something. TIA :)

3. TheFallenPenguin

TheFallenPenguin Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I also have those issues with Bluetooth on my X7. The range for my PS4 controller is about 5 cm from the laptop

4. Star1child

Star1child Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Guys! I had those problems too with Bluetooth and it caused me much pain for a long time.

I too had struggled with the DualShock controllers for years. First the PS3 DualShock controller & then PS4 controller using MotionInJoy driver software and then DS4 tool for Windows. MotionInJoy worked but was very buggy and often caused problems with other things as well as having to buy a dedicated compatible Bluetooth Dongle
    which then upset the previously installed Bluetooth Stack and also loosing connectivity if you had a Bluetooth Keyboard or other devices. The DS4 for Windows tool for use with the PS4 Controller was and is a good piece of software that even enabled the touch-pad on the PS4 Controller as an extremely useful 'mouse-pad pointer', however range and latency issues rendered the controller useless for me and most of the time the Bluetooth range really was as bad as mentioned by 'TheFallenPenguin'. This was frustrating for me as I was then very much use to the Analog Sticks on the PlayStation controllers being in-line and not offset like with the Xbox controllers. Portable speakers should use WiFi instead or a dedicated wireless dongle for better connection and this is what the Sony Pulse headphones use; Sony obviously realised how poor Bluetooth technology was/is and therefore made a dedicated dongle for the Sony Pulse headphones and it works very well indeed - this includes the PC and in fact I find they sound better still on PC (in Cinema or Game mode setting on the headphone button) as you can boost the sound further on some sound cards. For what it's worth, the Sony Pulse headphones are one of the most important things in my setup and rather than, i.e. hearing the tanks shoot and helicopter blades chopping the air, you can instead 'feel' them as they reverberate your skull with the 'pulse' (sub-woofer rumble kind of effect) technology, I would never be without them and they replaced my previous Sennheizer HD25 world renowned headphones.

This is what I've learned about Bluetooth: Bluetooth really is an unreliable low powered technology, especially for use with a controller that always demands instant reliable uninterrupted data streams for live action situations (gaming, especially multiplayer) and for portable Bluetooth speaker that need to produce half decent sound that's continuous and un-broken. In my opinion it's only 'just' expectable for mono Bluetooth earpieces for mobile phone hands-free conversations where the sound frequency response range is extremely narrow and the odd crackle or poor sound quality is acceptable and tolerable just for voice conversations. It's also acceptable for mobile to mobile data exchange that can resume after signal pauses without the user noticing or suffering. Sometimes even one's own body/torso that's obstructing the signal between mobile phone in lower jeans/trouser pocket and Bluetooth earpiece that's placed in the ear on the opposite side to that of the phone in the pocket, can have broken and crackly sound quality and that's only 1 metre distance approx. With the PlayStation consoles, I can only imagine that they have some specially built, custom and obscenely powerful Bluetooth circuit and antenna('s) that overly compensate for the lower powered ones in the DualShock controllers.

The only resolution honestly, is to bite the bullet and use either the Xbox 360 controller, Xbox One controller or even treat yourself to the Xbox One Elite controller as these all have specially 'dedicated' Wireless USB Dongles that for me work flawlessly and depending on what version of Windows you run, it runs perfectly without driver or any connection problems. Windows 10 has drivers built in for all three controllers, however can only use the Xbox One Elite Controller and special Elite Controller App, on Windows 10 only. The Xbox 360 controller is still a good controller and is both the cheapest and is the only one where you can buy it bundled with the wireless USB dongle for a low price (£35 approx.). The wireless USB controller for the Xbox One controller & Xbox One Elite controller was released recently (end 2015) and is at a fairly reasonable price (£25 approx). I very soon got accustomed to the offset analogue sticks on the Xbox controller because I was enjoying the wireless connection reliability and low/non-existent latency. Half the time I'm using mouse & keyboard anyhow, i.e. character or soldier on foot, Tanks, Mobile AA, Jeeps, etc. and then I switch to the joypad/Xbox controller when hoping into an Attack Jet, Attack Heli, or some platform games - so I'm always alternating. My WASD control is via a Razer Chroma Orbweaver & Logitech G910 and mouse is Cyborg/Madcatz R.A.T. 9 (Razer Oroborus as a spare).

I really don't think the Bluetooth problems and issues can be resolved at all. I had tried everything and eventually became fed-up that Bluetooth devices where suffering miserably, even when connection may be less than a meter away (even using Bluetooth v4).

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
    Neil Patrick Faller likes this.
  5. Neil Patrick Faller

Reputations:
    My previous alienware 15 R1 has better bluetooth range and signal (can play wireless DS4 controller without problem around 2m). Maybe because of metal body of Aorus vs Carbon composite in Alienware.

6. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Only the top panel and the screen lid of the aorus are made out of metal. Same goes for the Alienware 15. The screenlid is aluminum and the midplate under the keyboard of the alienware is metal aswell. The bottom internal chassis part is metal too.

But the antennna's for wifi and bluetooth are in both laptops mounted inside the screen. Maybe the Aorus just has ****ty antenna's.

7. GIGABYTE Laptop

GIGABYTE Laptop Company Representative

Reputations:
    Hi Rinneh,

This is actually not accurate. The AORUS models have full Aluminum chassis.

Hi Star1Child,

Sorry for the trouble, If you wouldn't mind going to the AORUS official forums to report your problem, they might have some advice to help you fix it or make arrangements for testing. The AORUS team isn't alone, other brands/models have also run into issues with the Intel AC7265 WiFi adapter, but the AORUS team have done their best to work on these cases individually. Contact them on the forum directly and they should be able to help you or point you in the right direction!
    http://forum.aorus.com/

Thanks,
    GIGABYTE NB

8. Neil Patrick Faller

Reputations:
    i hope next gen model that they include KILLER wifi module so the bluetooth signal is better

9. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Sorry but I really dont believe this. I had an Aorus X3 in my hands and I am quite sure the frame piece with the fan exhausts etc is plastic and is the same part on which the mother board is mounted. The keyboard frame itself as well. I dont call that full aluminum chassis.

10. GIGABYTE Laptop

GIGABYTE Laptop Company Representative

Reputations:
    Hi Neil,

The skylake models will have Intel AC 8260 adapters.

Thanks,

GIGABYTE NB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.