***Aorus X7 Pro owner's lounge***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by cookiesowns, Dec 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M0rdresh

M0rdresh Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm about to order a Aorus X7 ProSync, however I'm very confused because I want to get the latest model and I'm very careful because the model from early 2014, the one end of 2014 and the gsync model in 2015 are all very similar and very prone to 'oops, we got that wrong' on reseller websites.

I kind of settles to order at HIDevolution.com, however their model is listed as 'X7PROSYNC–CF1' while in Europe it's listed as 'X7PROSYNC–CF2'.
    On the amazon store there a 'Aorus X7 PRO V3-CF1' listed as unavailable with a note it has been replaced with the 'Aorus X7 Pro Sync-CF2';

Hence I'm very confused, given the fact that HIDevolution.com is a customization company I think chances are they are selling previous version of the non gsync models however with updated screen panel that makes it gsync compatible. For all I know this could just me a territorial thing, where the CF1 is the US version and the CF2 the European version.

can anyone shed some light on this?

2. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    CF1 and CF2 means configuration 1 and 2. So different harddisks for example.

3. M0rdresh

Reputations:
    That's all identical, the only difference would be the keyboard.

It's probably just the difference in region, but as a newcomer I can assure you all them X7 v's and iterations is not making it easy.
    That's about the only drawback of the Aorus X7 I can see at this stage, a model that shipped originally in 2014 which already is on it's fourth revision mid 2015. That does not inspire confidence.

4. Vandit

Vandit Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If it's listed as ProSync that is the new G-sync model. I ordered my ProSync off of HID evolution. It's the latest one. All the older ones don't have G-sync and aren't called "Pro-Sync"

5. M0rdresh

Reputations:
    Meanwhile I ordered my Aorus X7 ProSync at HIDevolition with the below specs.

I've been looking at nearly all gaming laptop offerings on the market for the past weeks, read countless of forum threads, reviews, YouTube video's and whatnot. It's just extremely remarkable what Gigabyte did which no other manufacture can or dares, squeezing these kind of specs into a very slick looking 23mm thick aluminum form factor.

I'm aware it does come at the cost of heat and fan noise, but at this level of performance all gaming laptops are bound to generate some serious noise. One particular aspect that cought my eye was the thermal imaging that showed the keyboard and palm-rest are pretty much unaffected by heat, and that's quite remarkable given how thin this device is.

But that's all hearsay and theory; I can't wait to put my decision to go for the Aorus to the test and get my hands on this beast. As an IT engineer and gamer that has assembled desktop rigs for longer than I can remember, I must admit I avoid thinking what kind of desktop I could have assembled with this kind of money, but while its a popular thing to do, it's not a fair comparison in the end...

Aorus X7 ProSync

• Intel Core i7-4870HQ Quad Core Processor 3.7GHz, 6MB Smart Cache
    • Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M with 6GB GDDR5 - NVIDIA SLI mode - NVIDIA G-Sync Enabled
    • 17.3" 75hz IPS Full HD (16:9) LED Backlit Antiglare Type 72% NTSC Color Gamut Display w/ NVIDIA G-Sync Technology
    • Backlit Programmable Antighosting - US QWERTY
    • AORUS Acoustic+ technology 2x speakers & 2x woofer
    • Killer LAN Chip, 802.11ac wireless, Bluetooth V4.0

Customizations
    • Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra 100% Metal Thermal Interface repasting for gpu & cpu
    • Kingston HyperX 32GB Dual Channel DDR3L at 1866MHz
    • Aorus RAID Xpress 1.5TB Triple SSD RAID (3 x Samsung 850 EVO (3D VNAND Tech) 500GB mSATA SSD) 1500MB/s transfer rate
    • 2TB 5400 RPM SATA 6Gb/s Hard Drive

Extra services
    • 2 Year Zero Defective Pixel Warranty (pre-shipping check, perfect panel guarantee before and after shipping)
    • 3 Year Extended Global Warranty with LIFETIME Technical Support (repair/replacement including paid for international 2-way shipping)

6. gdourado

gdourado Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thinking about ordering a X7 Pro Sync.
    How loud is the cooling system in real world gaming?

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. TheFallenPenguin

TheFallenPenguin Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Pretty load, but if you game with headphones it won't be a problem :)

8. Vandit

Vandit Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The speakers suck on the X7. You will definitely want a pair of nice headphones. With the over the ear headphones on, you don't hear any fan noise.

TheFallenPenguin likes this.
  9. treepop

treepop Newbie

Reputations:
    Curious. Will the Aorus x7 pro v3 (non sync version) be able to do gsync on an external monitor?

10. Karl Hammerschmidt

Karl Hammerschmidt Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi Guys,

I have just bought a X7 Pro. The USB3 port on the left of the laptop (between VGA and headphone jack) deosn't pick up any devices (It's not working at all). Is it turned off somehow?
    Also, The usb ports that do work don't seem to charge devices? Am I wrong?

Thanks so much!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.