***Aorus X7 Pro owner's lounge***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by cookiesowns, Dec 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheFallenPenguin

TheFallenPenguin Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    That's not normal, send it back and have it exchanged for a new one.

2. immortalshadows

immortalshadows Newbie

Reputations:
    I played arkham city for about an hour and the clicking seems to have stopped but I'm still getting screen burn in on images that stay up for more than a min. The ghosting/burn in only lasts about 10 secs when the image is removed. So far the laptop runs great with cpu Temps never getting above 71c. Newegg is out of stock of the model I have but I would be willing to go with the x5(even though I want the 970m and a 1080p screen more)

3. SRT8driver

SRT8driver Newbie

Reputations:
    -> TheFallenPenguin - thanks for the extra info. My source was a programmer talking code, guess he was talking about what the software could do and probably did not know (or was forbidden to mention) the hardware locks. Figures that NVIDIA would have hardware locks to prevent software only upgrades. (Reminds me of the days when your had to plug in a dongle into your serial port to get certain business software to run... man I am getting old).

I doubt NVIDIA would release the unlocked drivers/code to AORUS owners, once those drivers are in the wild and hackers have their fun, everyone would have them (then that would make NVIDA just like AMD Freesync and they can't have that!)

4. TheFallenPenguin

Reputations:
    GameNab had a project where he was porting G-Sync to other laptops by tricking the drivers. His blog has since been made private and unfortunately he never got to porting it to the Aorus.

5. lien0233

lien0233 Newbie

Reputations:
    There is a good news for x7 pro owner. The G sync upgrade project is launched in Taiwan, but it is not public. And it costs about 100 usd (including delivery fee).i think price is different by region.
    If someone want to upgrade your x7 pro, you may contact the local dealer to get further information.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
    TheFallenPenguin likes this.
  6. Vandit

Vandit Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Guys,

Trying to get the windows 10 upgrade icon on my new Aorus. Where do we find the Windows 8.1 serial number that came with our laptop?

7. TheFallenPenguin

Reputations:
    You don't need it, just go to Windows Update and install all the updates and you'll get the icon.

On an unrelated note, Aorus has started their G-Sync upgrade program, all you need to do is send them a message regarding the upgrade here: http://support.aorus.com/Question/TechQuery
    They will reply with information regarding the pricing in your region, the estimated time it's going to take to do the upgrade (excluding shipping) and the Service Centre that you'll need to send your laptop to, they also mention that all data will be wiped off your laptop during the upgrade. The pricing seems to differ by region, but expect to pay USD $100+ for the upgrade. I can confirm that Aorus will not be launching the upgrade program in South Africa due to an issue with customs :(

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
    Vandit likes this.
  8. Vandit

Vandit Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Weird. I installed every update from Windows site and am running 8.1. Don't see the icon.

9. AoRuS 27b/6

AoRuS 27b/6 Newbie

Reputations:
    I would also very much like an answer for this question if anyone can help.

The default install for windows 8.1 on the Aorus x7pro appears to be an automatic RAID installation on the 2 Liteon msata drives which is executed when you first turn on your laptop out of the box.

My copy of win 8.1 is completely corrupted/and or destroyed.

It stopped launching for no apparent reason, creating great difficulty retrieving the data contained on it as the operating system does not seem to be recognised in any way.

I have found no copy of win 8.1 or a windows key with my Aorus x7pro with which to create a bootable copy of windows 8.1 USB to attempt repairs.

In the end, I installed win 7 on the SATA 3 drive inside the X7 pro.

When a copy of Windows is purchased with a laptop, there should be nothing mysterious about where your copy of Windows is, what your windows key is & how to access it.

Anyone who has any experience with Windows will know that repairs & complete reinstallations of Windows often become a dead certainty after a period of time for any number of reasons.

This is bound to become a problem for many people eventually, & should be addressed as soon as possible to provide clarity for Aorus owners.

From what I have heard, you do not get much bang for your buck with the free version of windows 10.

I can imagine many people will not be looking to purchase an expensive Windows 10 pro license when they already bought a copy of win 8.1 with the purchase of this laptop.

10. TheFallenPenguin

Reputations:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.