***Aorus X7 Pro owner's lounge***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by cookiesowns, Dec 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wiregen

wiregen Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    That $1800 Aorus was to good to be true. When I received the unit only one of the SSDs would detect. It would only detect 1 Nvidia 970M. After reformatting and reseting the bios it still only detected 1 970m. I ended up returning it and ordered an X7 Pro Sync. I didn't see an option where you can disable one gpu in the bios. It only showed 1 970m in the device manager.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  2. improwise

improwise Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You disable SLI in nVidia Control Panel.

3. Vandit

Vandit Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well, they shipped it USPS instead of FedEx and they denied it at my local FedEx office, which was my delivery location. So, now it is being shipped back to sender and will have to wait another week or two. Sucks and very disappointing

4. Vandit

Vandit Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    yep. Right click the desktop screen and select nvidia control panel. Got to 3d settings i think and select "enable SLI'. For some reason, and my first Aorus X7 came like this, it comes SLI disabled. Really strange for Gigabyte to let this happen from the factory. Many people don't have the technical prowess to figure this out. much less know if SLI is enabled or not.

5. gdmaddog

gdmaddog Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Anyone having trouble with the on board speakers after running headphones? Seems mine don't like to come back on after using the analog audio jack. Its hit or miss. Reinstalling drivers didn't seem to do a damned thing...

6. wiregen

wiregen Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I double and triple checked this. Even in fresh system restore it'll open Nvidia Control Panel. There's no option to enable SLI. I honestly think that the unit had a defunct 970m. I was considering of possibly doing a warranty claim through Aorus but I'd rather not go through that mess and decided to return it.

7. improwise

improwise Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You should probably start by reinstalling the Nvidia drivers if you haven't already done that.

8. improwise

improwise Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Am I the only one constantly seeing "1.3.5" being mentioned as the latest "Driver update" in Driver Update (funny, eh?) but infact it isn't?

9. TheFallenPenguin

TheFallenPenguin Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    It is the newest version for our laptop. The X5 has a newer version, 1.3.7

I bought 2 X7 Pros, one of them shipped with a dead gpu. The laptop would still detect the GPU but whenever you try and use it, it would cause graphical glitches. Sent it for repairs on 19th of May (they didn't want to exchange it), still haven't gotten it back.

10. improwise

improwise Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    So the Aorus download-page is not updated then as that list 1.2.7 as latest version?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.