***Aorus X7 Pro owner's lounge***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by cookiesowns, Dec 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faniskogen

Faniskogen Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Ok, I think something is wrong here.

Single GPU runs just fine. As soon as i enable SLI and run some left 4 dead 2. I get artifacts over the screen. And it will crash in a minute. 3dmark firestrike is flickering like crazy and will crash after a couple of seconds.
    Can this really be sowftware-related or is this computer faulty?

I have uninstalled the graphics drivers and installed the latest from geforce experience.

2. haipower

haipower Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Do a factory reset yet? a factory reset will eliminate all possible software-related causes. Also try a diff game! left 4 dead is soooo old....

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  3. Faniskogen

Faniskogen Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I´m doing a factory reset right now. As for the game, I think the computer should be able to play this game. Also it should be able to run 3Dmark. If not, it would be really bad :)

4. haipower

haipower Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    That is very true... unfortunately graphical artifacts usually mean overheating, bad video card or overclocking, since you are not overclocking, its likely a defective gpu (if this still happens after factory reset). I had to return my first X7, cause one of the usb ports was completely nonfunctional DOA!

5. Faniskogen

Faniskogen Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thanks, it looks like it´s a faulty GPU. I have done a factory reset and the artifacts and crashes still remains. Should not be overheating since I have not yet seen the GPUs reach even 80 degrees C. The CPU is up at 90 as the highest.

6. johnnobts

johnnobts Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    try other games besides left for dead?

chatted with Aorus via facebook. Concerning overheating, they recommended turning fan to maximum if certain games specifically tax the CPU (for me its evolve and sleeping dogs, other games I can run forever and the CPU never goes over 88). They also said they have another bios update coming down the pipe soon.

7. AkiraSieghart

AkiraSieghart Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have a question...

One of the reasons why I want this laptop is because it brings almost unrivaled, portable performance. I frequently go to my friends' places and I don't want to be carrying around a 50lbs+ desktop and monitors (been there, done that) so I'm opting for a laptop. However, when I AM gaming at home, I like to game like a king. I want to plug three external monitors into this laptop (with a mouse and keyboard obviously) and use it like that. Do you think this game could run games at 5760*1080? If not, it's not a big deal, mostly just wishful thinking. But I currently have a less-serious gaming laptop with a single 760m 2GB and while having two monitors plugged in, it's sometimes hard to get 60 FPS in a game like LoL if something like a YouTube video is playing on the other monitor....

Thanks for the help!

8. timgarbim

timgarbim Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    One of the reasons why I want this laptop is because it brings almost unrivaled, portable performance. I frequently go to my friends' places and I don't want to be carrying around a 50lbs+ desktop and monitors (been there, done that)

You already answer your own question...

About 5760*1080, won´t be capable if you set everything at max.
    It is the best performance in a slim chassis.

9. iglaze

iglaze Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Out of almost all the laptops out there, this would be he closest to getting you what you want. The only systems more powerful than this one are the Clevos/Sager with 980m SLI or the MSI GT 80 Titan with 980m SLI. Along with the Aorus X7 Pro, they will get you close to running everything max depending on the game. Of course the Aorus almost half the weight and thickness of the others making it a lot more portable.

I wanted the same as you. Ultimate portability, play like a king (or close to it) at home. Ease of use moving it upstairs to the office to game, or downstairs to sit in the living room to watch TV and either game or surf the web.

I haven't tried your resolution with 3 monitors, but in the office, I use an LG Ultrawide monitor and run games max at 3440*1440 with no problems. Recent games I play are Dying Light and Shadow of Mordor. GTA is coming soon, so will test that too. And sitting in front of the TV downstairs, the system is virtually silent doing anything but gaming. Just know that gaming you will hear those fans, but not a big deal to me when sitting in the office with the speakers playing or with headsets.

10. AkiraSieghart

AkiraSieghart Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Right. I have actually been looking at the GT80 Titan...the main things that draw it to me are the dual 980M 8GBs vs the 970M 3GBs that the Aorus has and the ability to upgrade the GPUs when the newer generations are released. The obvious drawbacks are the size/weight. Well, at least it'll run cooler and quieter!

In all seriousness, I'm not sure. The GT80 Titan starts at like $3,300 but has like 80% of the power of dual 980 desktop cards in SLI...more than enough power to play most, if not all games at max at 5760*1080...Maybe I'll just get both...:rolleyes:

I wish.:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.