Aorus X7 DT V8 Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by JCordero31, Aug 2, 2018.

1. kitzuki

kitzuki Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Ordered on of these yesterday was looking at the Zephyrus gx501 but the heat was the man drawback for me. Should be in today. Main complaints ive seen is the fan noise what would be good base UV settings to reduce the fans pickup. Also are elevated laptop coolers even worth it?

Edit
    It came in so far temps are great I got an Open box on newegg due to the savings in Price $2156 with shipping next day. no Scuffs, scratches, dents or fingerprints on it.

It came with everything only complaint is I need to look for a new power adapter, in the box was a Dell 180W supply and the system usually comes in with a 250w thin profile.

The Aorus updating software is dreadful. Some of the slowest downloads i've ever witnessed.

I can't seem to get my drivers for nvidia updated. Gets stuck on installing 3d Vision driver

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  2. Andy120nz

Andy120nz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    15sec boot with a evo ssd. I had it freeze once. Now i have xtu undervolt -0.120v when the game is loaded. I will repaste it when the stuff arrives (kryonaut and conductanaut coming). I wanted to use the nvidia optimise, but i dont have that option.

3. kitzuki

Reputations:
    @Andy120nz could you post a screenshot of you utx settings

4. Andy120nz

Reputations:
    I took utx out. I could not get it to work consistentl. it would load, then not, then load and do nothing...... Put throttlestop on instead. Only have undervolt of -0.120v

5. JCordero31

JCordero31 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

I would have done a fresh install with no aorus crap. A repaste of lm on both cpu and gpu works amazing. I have not found a fan controller that works for this (besides the aorus software but then it doesnt let me keep my profile settings in XTU and Afterburner). My undervolt is 0.160v and i have at 4GHZ. Stays very cool and super quiet with reg fan profile setting that comes preloaded. I saw that on new egg i was tempted to purchase a second one and resell it but didnt

6. JCordero31

JCordero31 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Came repasted both lm on gpu and cpu from hid. No i did not change it to adaptive but i will now

7. kitzuki

Reputations:
    I spent the whole weekend trying to figure out how to get the damn laptop to see my USB windows 10 installer.

There is some bloat on there not much but I wanted to do a fresh in stall and get also possibly rid of this unknown device that is there too

How do you get the boot options to see a usb stick. f9 showed only the nvme drive so did the bios.

JCordero31 likes this.
  8. Andy120nz

Reputations:
    I have -0.130 undervolt. i was getting weird things appear on the screen on a game when i had -0.150v. Still waiting for my paste to arrive.

9. kitzuki

Reputations:
    anyone on the fresh install process?

10. chaccadao

chaccadao Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations: