Aorus X7 DT V8 Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by JCordero31, Aug 2, 2018.

1. NTsoulS

NTsoulS Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

Thanks for the reply. What are some things I can do to maximize battery life on an Aorus when I need that extra battery life (not gaming) ?

2. JCordero31

JCordero31 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

Skip the SATA drive. Lower your brightness on LCD and keyboard or Turn off backlit keyboard. Power saving mode in power options. Make sure bluetooth is turned off. Use the ethernet not wifi. Undervolt the cpu and gpu. Under clock it to 4ghz max. That's all I can think of.

Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  3. daikyu

daikyu Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I received my laptop v8 last Friday. So far so good. My 5 year old Clevo died and I needed an immediate replacement so I ordered from Amazon.

The machine is great. It boots up instantly and is very fast. I went for 32GB instead of 16. 1080 GTX sure beats my 780M SLI setup. Thinner and lighter than my old Clevo.

I almost always use an external monitor running at 25x16 and the Aorus powers through it with no problems.

The only complaint I have is about the noise. The fans get very loud when running under load. Much louder than my old Clevo. I always use a laptop cooler to help but the cooling solution on the Aorus is very close to the back of the laptop and most notebook coolers are designed to blow at the middle of the laptop. If anyone has a good cooler reccomendation for this model I would like to hear suggestions.

4. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    theres a common misconception that NVMe PCIE SSDs use less power than SATA due to smaller form factor and only at 3.3v while traditional SATA is at 5v. though it does depend on controller and firmware, in general, NVMe PCIE SSDs use a bit more power than SATA SSDs especially given fact that SATA has been around forever. when talking about high end NVMe PCIE SSD theres almost no comparison, some of the highest ones i've seen can go as high as 3A at 3.3v which puts it to 10w..

g85222456 likes this.
  5. JCordero31

Reputations:

Undervolt it. While 4.4GHZ is nice it hits 76C max on my machine with an undervolt of -0.160. If you underclock the machine to 4Ghz Max and undervolt it. I found my machine stays at a cool 55C (Full load Max and 33 lowest in idle). No rev up on fans at all! Make sure you set its voltage to unlimited

Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  6. JCordero31

Reputations:
    Guys sorry I have put up anything about the machine I'm still tweaking and trying to get this damm app to work. My p870tm1g died last night one of video cards is dead and I think one of pci slots too. So I stopped working on the aorus till I get my main machine back on first. I'm experiencing uber lag on the second card but I think it's the pci slot. This would be my second 1080 replacement card...in 5 months. No oc on these cards or lm.

7. JCordero31

Reputations:
    Small update. So far Ive UV (-0.160) and Underclocked my CPU to 4Ghz Keeps it cool at 55-60c on full load (I like quiet fans). GPU UV and OC to 1961mhz and 5556mhz on memory stays no higher 79C (average 77c) Full load (With NO CORE VOLTAGE INCREASE). Gaming mode set on fans so it stays quiet. If i ramp up the fans it stay at 72-75C at 75% Fan. So far im in love. Im still working on my clevo and taking screenshots and possibly a video. I also resolved the Command & Control issue i had. Seems gigabyte was aware and corrected it with a software update on their site. I still get a license error but the software is fully functional.

8. g85222456

g85222456 Company Representative

Reputations:
    Switch the power scheme to quiet mode and make the display dimmer.... LCD panel is a huge power consumption unit on laptop

9. Andy120nz

Andy120nz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just purchased one of these. To bump the ram up to 32gb from the supplied 16, is there any difference to having 2 x 16gb or 4 x 8gb?

10. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    The only advantage to 2x 16GB is that you would still have 2 slots available for future upgrade.

Papusan and Vistar Shook like this.