Aorus X7 DT V8 Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by JCordero31, Aug 2, 2018.

1. g85222456

g85222456 Company Representative

Reputations:
    will replace it in next-gen product, I mean the trackpad with AORUS logo

2. g85222456

Reputations:
    yeah MUX's good stuff however it's really not that easy to implement on the PCB - if there's quite limited space of chassy

JCordero31 likes this.
  3. Ratio Tile

Ratio Tile Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Alright... I'm two weeks away (I think, possibly four) from pulling the trigger on one of these from HIDEvolution. Super excited!!!

I'm stepping up from a 2008 unibody Macbook Pro running Windows 7 and a desktop I built in 2013 with an AMD FX-8350 and GTX 680. That desktop is in storage for the next six months so I've had to get my gaming fix on the Macbook.

Let me tell you, nothing will get you more excited about a notebook with a GTX 1080 than trying to play Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition rendered at 512x384 resolution then upscaled to the native 1440x900 resolution, all at a wonderful 16 frames per second.

However, my desktop aged well I must say (before I banished it to storage, an unfortunate necessity of my job). I've been able to play DOOM and Witcher 3 at medium-high settings, 1366 x 768 and medium settings, 1920 x 1080. The GTX 680 was a decent card in its day.

Really looking forward to some Witcher and Dark Souls III on this Aorus! Not sure where I'm going with this post, just happy to be lucky enough to be able to afford a performance machine. Cheers!

4. g85222456

Reputations:
    Glad to hear that! Thank you for being with us!

5. NTsoulS

NTsoulS Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey do any of the Aorus laptops have the option to disable to dGPU and use the iGPU? I picked up a used Aorus x7 v6 1080 and wanted to know if it's possible to gain some extra battery life if I find myelf on a plane or so. Thanks.

6. g85222456

Reputations:
    Hi cuz on AORUS X7 v6 it features dGPU-directly-output structure so there's no way could disable the dGPU (it's the only graphic connected to panel)

7. JCordero31

JCordero31 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    i cant wait to get mine its been in pre production for just over a week. i cant wait!!!

Ratio Tile likes this.
  8. JCordero31

Reputations:
    Shipped out yesterday arrives Wednesday

9. JCordero31

Reputations:
    Anybody who already has this laptop have windows precision drivers for the trackpad??

Ratio Tile likes this.
  10. JCordero31

Reputations:
    Got my laptop tonight. Installed win 10 no bloat from major geeks. installed all drivers an most of my games. hwmonitor and msi after burner and xtu but i cannot get aorus command and control to work at all i keep getting an exception fault. i installed aorus command and control first it auto installed xtu. i tried to use it didnt work so i uninstalled the xtu and installed the latest xtu and it still didnt work. i uninstalled both reboot installed a different version and it dont work. any ideas?? win 10 64bit pro no bloat! i looked all over the internet too. so im calling all the greats. i even reinstall ms.net which i didnt want to but it was required

@Phoenix @Mr. Fox @Papusan @Prema

exception
    0xe0434352

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018