Aorus X7 DT V8 Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by JCordero31, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Mattant

Mattant Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey what power supply do you guys have for your Aorus X7 Dtv8?

Bought one and the power supply is so much smaller than for my msi gt73 which also has a GTX1080 in it.

Cheers!
    Matt

2. daikyu

daikyu Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Using the power supply that came with the machine. I have not had a problem.

3. Cruizer

Cruizer Newbie

Reputations:
    DEEP fan control is puzzling me and I hope someone can clarify. Does the temp in the Deep setup reference only the GPU temp, only CPU temp, or adjust fans for each based on the curves we set up???

I initially thought is was both, now am thinking it is only GPU so, to further cool my CPU, I had to set it based on where my GPU temps typically are, on typical games, when my CPU is hotter and needs higher fan speeds. Like many of you, I am struggling with CPU temps being a bit too high for my liking tho probably still acceptable (consistently upper 80s C, too often hitting low 90s C for brief periods). GPU temps are almost always very low by comparison, across all games (W3, DS3, AC Odyssy, Rise Tomb Raider...) Undervolted CPU with TS to about -0.15v then reduced to -0.14v after encountering a few crashes (not often).

Also, I keep setting charging policy to Quality but it never stays there. Others finding this resetting at each boot? Thought Quality setting would help battery longevity over years (til it quits taking a charge eventually) but maybe makes no difference?

This forum and members' posts are incredibly helpful, thank you all,
    Cruizer

4. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Support.2@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Should be able to support a 250W PSU just fine. Did you order one from Gigabyte?

5. cptcorn

cptcorn Newbie

Reputations:
    Anyone have this issue or have thoughts on a solution? Technically X7 DT V7.

Latest drivers and bios, fresh install of Windows 10. Start > Shutdown, the computer starts shutting down, the screen is black. Bluetooth, Wireless, and Power(Lightbulb) lights are still on and main power button. The only way to fully turn off is to hold the power button for 4 seconds. I've never received a notification that Windows was shut down improperly doing this. It's super annoying.

Also booting up takes about 1.5 minutes. 87 seconds listed in Task Manger / Startup. Samsung 960 Pro 2TB nvme gen 4.

Thanks for the help Everyone!

6. f3n1c3

f3n1c3 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello X7 DT V8 owners!

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to use the command and control software without Intel XTU. I prefer ThrottleStop and I've heard that it's not good to have both TS and XTU running or even installed (is this true?). However, if I uninstall XTU then command and control starts acting up, like the GUI won't appear (but the fn keys work?) and things like the fan control "deep control" feature starts acting wonky...I don't know. If I remove command and control then I can't use my fn keys for brightness, volume, etc. Can I just disable the intel xtu service without it affecting custom settings on command and control, and is it ok to use Throttlestop like that? I love this laptop but i gotta say the software they install on it is kind of janky.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!