Aorus X7 DT V8 Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by JCordero31, Aug 2, 2018.

1. JCordero31

JCordero31 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

My was corsair vengeance CL16 and yes worked straight no issues

2. Ratio Tile

Ratio Tile Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well, I've run into my first issue with this laptop. My Fn keys don't work. Well, four of them do work and nine don't. That's the weird part.

I noticed it last night when I went to turn the display backlight off as I often do when sleeping (I'll play a TV show or music in the background to fall asleep to but don't want the screen on). The backlight Fn key (F6) didn't turn it off. Then I tried lowering the display brightness with Fn+F3, didn't work. The mute, volume up, volume down (F7 through F9) and the LCD selecting Fn key (F5) all still work though.

I know it's not a physical problem because Alt + F4 still closes programs like it should, and they other F-keys still function in Windows normally.

I haven't really tried troubleshooting other than shutting the computer down and restarting it. I really can't afford the time it takes to reinstall Windows right now but does anyone have any idea where to start as far as troubleshooting goes?

3. IXVIXXII

IXVIXXII Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hello, I had this exact same problem and I resolved it by uninstalling and then reinstalling both the control center and Aorus fusion. If I recall correctly the Blutooth light wasn't working either and was always on despite BT being turned off.

Hope this helps

Ratio Tile likes this.
  4. Ratio Tile

Reputations:
    Thanks, I just returned here to say that it spontaneously started working again without me doing anything and hasn't been an issue in weeks. I don't know what the problem was but apparently the ghost in the machine decided to stop haunting me with that particular issue!

I'm back to my previous state of not having any issues with this laptop (at least not any that I can remember off the top of my head). It has been serving me well for both work and play every day since late September.

Edit: You mentioned Bluetooth... one issue is that the Bluetooth drivers have apparently uninstalled themselves. I don't use BT so I don't think about it but if I go into Bluetooth and other devices under Windows settings there's no slider to turn BT on. Again, not a huge issue because I don't really use BT. Does anyone know which drivers are the best to install?

IXVIXXII likes this.
  5. IXVIXXII

IXVIXXII Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Ratio Tile likes this.
  6. Ratio Tile

Reputations:
    Still have the Killer. Yeah I'll try that again, I brought my BT speaker in to work tonight so I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

Edit: Apparently all I have to do to fix an issue with this laptop is come here and post about it. I installed the drivers and BT has been trouble-free since January 11th! I think the first time I installed the drivers I must have used the ones for the newer Windows build. I'm still on one of the old builds.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    IXVIXXII likes this.
  7. daikyu

daikyu Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Looking for a backup power adapter for my v8. Anyone know of a place to order one?

8. RMXO

RMXO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Try hidevolution

NEW:

Do you guys think the Aorus X7 DT v8 1080 is still a good buy now?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  9. FreQntFlyr

FreQntFlyr Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey JCordero31. I see that you've sold your X7 but I was curious if you remember which products you bought for the ram and nvme ssds (radiators/heatsinks)? Looking to add a bit extra cooling to mine. Also, does anyone have a picture/video guide for the thermal pads? It's the first time I'll be using them. Thanks in advance :)

10. RMXO

RMXO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    nm, figured it out, lol

Kingston Hyper X was the issue, weird as i had no issues with it in the Aero 15x v8

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019