Aorus X7 DT V8 Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by JCordero31, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Andriu6a

Andriu6a Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys,

Let me share my experience with this laptop. I bought it in June, probably one of the first stock available. It's indeed very powerful laptop and it was working just fine with some minor issues, until just recently my LH hinge broke. I was trying to close my laptop and then heard this cracking noise. Now I no longer can close it, since bottom housing remains fixed and when I go further it just breakes all the plastics, so I decided to keep it opened until I get a reply from Aorus.

Apart this, I also had barely illuminated 'backspace' button, then 'delete' button works every second time and occasionally I get white lines on the screen when scrolling articles or FB pages.

It's so frustrating that a machine which costs ~3k EUR has these problems. I've contacted their warranty dep few days ago, still haven't heard back from them. Now I am just hoping they will be able to help me. At least, I haven't done any changes to this laptop like repasting, undervolting etc. which could void warranty.

Before I had Asus ROG laptop for almost 5years and it never gave me a single problem.. Just an advice, think twice before getting Aorus laptop. I know it's just a bad experience for me, but there are heaps of others who are facing similar problems.

2. daikyu

daikyu Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I guess there will be a precious few of us with this laptop. Anyone do a repaste?

3. Luka Reeson

Luka Reeson Newbie

Reputations:
    I ordered mine on hidevolution.com with a Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut on CPU + GPU, and Fujipoly Extreme Thermal Pads on heat sensitive surfaces. With undervolting GPU and CPU, my temperatures on minimal load like youtube or watching movies, are around 35-37C.

4. nido23

nido23 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I just found out that you can order thru Amazon UK, and that they still have more than a few in stock. I would've pulled the trigger if I knew this 2 mos back, but now that CES is just a month away: I'd pass and just wait for the new slew of thin and light 17 inch gaming notebooks. For those looking for the x7 DT v8: Amazon UK is your friend.

5. IXVIXXII

IXVIXXII Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I just bought one last week, second hand. It's a great laptop.

6. grandantipathes

grandantipathes Newbie

Reputations:
    The laptop is unstable, and barely boots up in windows with 4 identical sticks of ram installed. It runs well with 2 slots filled ..
    Has anybody been able to run stable with the 4 mem slots filled?
    I wonder if it's to do with the fact that it's an 8th gen cpu and therefore will need a bios update to fix this..
    The mem is very high quality and should run without problem.
    Kingston HyperX 4*16 gb..
    any help appreciated

7. IXVIXXII

Reputations:
    I don't know about any compatibility issue at the moment. Mine is running on 2x16Gb of Crucial Ballistix and everything is fine.
    On the other hand, my X9 was very intolerant with RAM swapping. Had to reset BIOS to get rid of BSOD.
    Try unplugging the CMOS battery for a few minutes... ?

8. grandantipathes

grandantipathes Newbie

Reputations:
    I haven't reset the bios indeed as it's not usually necessary for ram swapping.. But you could be right, it's worth a try. I'm waiting for gigabyte to answer on their sides.. The customer support is non existent with them though

9. IXVIXXII

Reputations:
    They are indeed very slow to answer

10. grandantipathes

grandantipathes Newbie

Reputations:
    @

Did the ram worked out of the box at 64gb?
    I am having troubles with mine with 4 identical sticks KINGSTON HYPER X..
    Even clearing the cmos doesn't seem to do anything..