Aorus X7 DT V8 Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by JCordero31, Aug 2, 2018.

1. b3nni

b3nni Newbie

Reputations:
    Is there anything closer to the announcement than the end of the year?

2. Cruizer

Cruizer Newbie

Reputations:
    Great forum, just found, very helpful info, thank you all.

My v8 has a similar problem as a previous post (by Kitzuki). Mine will not power on at all despite full battery (just silent and dark even after resetting cmos and main battery, which is fully charged & power supply appears fine). Looks like another RMA is unavoidable but I would love to hear anyone's thoughts about why it may be happening or anything to try.

The first version i got (a v7) also died within a few weeks but would power on, just no screen, splash, nor booting... A separate problem led to me replacing it with this v8. Really have treated both with kid gloves and did not push the hardware at all so really puzzled with these two occurances.

While a bit worried about design/manufacture/shipping (?) on these, I have only the HIGHEST PRAISE for the Gigabyte warranty & support guys here in USA. They have been extremely understanding, helpful, and supportive with my situation!!!

I always felt Gigabyte/Aorus was a company-above the other huge-corporate-competitiors, and twice the warranty of others shows their dedication to users and gamers like us. Its unfortunate I have these issues but it still seems atypical for my history... my Aero14 is still chugging along perfectly and so did the various Gigabyte mobos and graphics cards I had thru the years. When operating the X7 DT v8 blew me away, everything I wanted in a premium laptop![/QUOTE]

3. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
  4. Andy120nz

Andy120nz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have the X7 and a P17F v7 and a sabre 17. All excellent, and the best move from a Toshiba fan!

5. Andy120nz

Reputations:
    Thoght i would share this from the throtlestop thread

Andy120nz said:
    This is where im at with the Aorus X7/i7-8850H.

unclewebb reply
    Nice to see a laptop that has decent cooling. 80+ Watts at only 75°C with a steady 42.00 multiplier are the kind of numbers I like to see. Maybe government needs to regulate this industry better and force manufacturers to include a sticker like that on the top of every new laptop. Instead of an ENERGY STAR sticker, how about a PERFORMANCE STAR sticker? This laptop is hereby rated to run at its rated specification without overheating or throttling itself to death. Consumers deserve more from this industry.

Attached Files:

JCordero31 likes this.
  6. JCordero31

JCordero31 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

Mine is at 4.0Ghz and it stays around 65C Max

7. Andy120nz

Reputations:
    I traded off cooler for the bit more speed. originally I was about the same as you.

8. g85222456

g85222456 Company Representative

Reputations:
    all I can say at this moment is stay tuned with us......