Aorus X7 DT V8 Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by JCordero31, Aug 2, 2018.

1. g85222456

g85222456 Company Representative

Reputations:
    for KBL version it's true that some of the driver is hard to find however I did successfully install Win7 on KBL model several times so I guess you could take a try

2. g85222456

Reputations:
    should be safe with 330W power adapter plugged @home though

3. kitzuki

kitzuki Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Does Gigabyte sell one?

Also on the 411 GeForce update 3Dvision driver gets stuck had to uncheck it again

4. f3n1c3

f3n1c3 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello,

Thank you kindly for the response, that worked great!

JCordero31 likes this.
  5. chaccadao

chaccadao Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi Friend , thanks so much for responded ! while i waited for any opinion , i did take a gamble and bought a brand new X7 V7 6 days ago, removed the original 256GB NVMe with Win10,put it aside in case if i'm not success with 7,then i have no choice but going back to 10,the installation 7 went smoothly ,but when i tried to installed the drivers from supplied USB drivers came with the package,then i've got stuck,it won't even open up the installer windows ! the only driver i can installing is the Intel chipset,the rest was not,i tried 2-3 drivers for the VGA,only one successfully pass the compatibility checked,but stuck,won't go any further,at that time,i was so worry,that it could be same as my AW 15R3 again,but when i tried to do a Windows Update,i can see an update for the VGA, straight away,i did update only the VGA driver first see how it go ! the Windows update was smooth,restarted it,and to be honest with you i was jump oof the chair ! because as soon as the windows opened,i can see the aero,and i know it's successfully installed the VGA driver ! i was so happy over the moon ! i'm telling you ! thank you so much GIGABYTE ! only you gave me the machine with ability to run my favorite OS ! i'm not regret to purchased 3 AORUS laptop at all ! there a lots of people thought why we're still run Win7 on the modern laptop,while it can run faster on Win10 ? well,every body had different taste ! they're like 10,it's their business,good luck to them and enjoy it ! i can't put up with that thing :always run update when ever it wanted,consumes too much processing power in the background and slow down the machine after boot up ! too much update,too much spyware ! i don't gaming,just do some light photo works,musics,and surfing the net,that's all i used my laptop for and i'm happy with my Windows 7,it's simple,easy to use,does not force me to accepted n consent too many rules that's included spy on my every day routine works,it's invaded my privacy ! any way,again thank you so much Friend ! you're a Champ,real Gentleman ! coz only you was responded to my post,no one else ! God bless you ! and for me now,i'm enjoy every moment of my AORUS X7 V7 with windows 7 the way i wanted to be,not to be under MS rules ! cheers.

6. g85222456

Reputations:
    about the adapter let me check with our procurement. for the driver installation have you tried clean-install?

7. f3n1c3

Reputations:
    Anyone know if the trackpad supports three finger gestures? I can't get it to work and I don't see an option for it in settings. Do Windows precision drivers work for the trackpad? If so which one can I use?

8. g85222456

Reputations:
    The touchpad on X7 v8 is not the Windows precision one......

9. f3n1c3

Reputations:
    Good to know, thank you. I thought for some reason one could apply precision drivers to ELAN touchpads. Small concern anyways. Another question you may have the answer to, when I make changes in the Intel XTU utility they always revert back to default whenever I close the program or restart the computer. Any suggestions on how to prevent that from happening? Thank you.

10. alawadhi3000

alawadhi3000 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You can install Windows Precision Driver to the ELAN touchpad.