Aorus X5 V7, X7 V7, DT X7 all estimated for June release in USA

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by laserbullet, May 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Svegetto

Svegetto Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Well, based on your pleasant response, I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain to you why hot things next to hotter things cause them to be less efficient at dissipating heat than if the former was not present. Good luck with your.... issues.

I have not tried OCing the RAM as that usually yields negligible performance gains in most use cases unless paired with a iGPU (sounds like Fallout 4 is a huge outlier so I makes sense why you're looking into it). My RAM needs are around capacity for IDEs, VMs and RAM disks, and not so much speed. With that said, there's a thread here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...k-bios-overclock-memory.813203/#post-10671838 about unlocking the bios on x7 in order to overclock RAM, so that could be of interest to you.

Vistar Shook likes this.
  2. Crash525

Crash525 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Oh do tell more. I can buy you crayons and the colors you need. You still do not get the point i was making. But you have your nose so far in the air you cant see anything but your point of view. Hopefully you can engineer yourself out of it. Good luck with engineering stuff. Remember dont touch hot stuff. You might get burned. I learned that in 1st grade. Therefore hot things make colder things hotter if right next to them. Its hard to explain that to an engineer.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

3. Jared_T

Jared_T Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Didnt change the voltage in MSI AB

MiSJAH likes this.
  4. krabman

krabman Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    As anyone who has been in Alaska during the winter knows it's probably going to be about 75 in that room because it's cold out there and it's nice to get warm whereas in Texas during the summer they have their AC running and it's likely to be down in the sixties because it's dang hot out there which kinda messes up your example. :)

I don't feel like starting another post or doing a multi-quote so to move to other points. This is the coolest laptop I've owned in some time in the area of the wrist pads and I've got a drive in the expansion slot adding some heat of it's own on the one side. I'm going to shoot it with IR tomorrow during a gaming session to get a definitive heat number but for now I can say that even after extended gaming sessions mine is just warm enough so that I can say I detected warmth. When not gaming and just surfing the web by feel alone it seems to be similar in temperature to the desk it's sitting on. Just to keep myself honest I shot it just now and I got 77 for the desk and 80 for the wrist rest on both sides. It would seem my sense of temperature isn't overly accurate but certainly no eggs are going to be fried on my wrist rests. Because BS'ing on boards should be fun I'll mention I'm in AK right now and my room temp is 75.3 Fahrenheit, I don't know what the temp is outside but I'll venture that it's frickin cold. I don't remember what my undervolt is but for now it's enough to say it is undervolted on both the GPU and CPU and at stock clocks on both. :)

@tps3443 You may want to consider perusing some literature about refrigeration, pay attention to transferring energy from multiple heat sources into shared cooling systems of limited capacity.

Svegetto likes this.
  5. tps3443

tps3443 Notebook Deity

Reputations:

Payment sent for my Aorus X7 V7 KL4K4D

Ready to get this thing!

My first laptop ever, so I may look in to some thermal and heat transfer literature. I stepped out on the enthusiast desktop segment.

6. IndyPilot80

IndyPilot80 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So, I'm on my final step of getting the X5 V7 but I have one question. Since this laptop has a GTX 1070 with no Optimus, should I have any concerns if this is my primary computer for work over something that just has an onboard GPU? It'll be on probably for 8-9hr a day and I plan on running dual monitors off of it.

I didn't know if the extra heat and have it on for that long each day would reduce it's life or anything.

7. Derek712

Derek712 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Shouldn't be a problem. Unless your work is putting it under constant gaming load.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Svegetto and Vistar Shook like this.
  8. Crash525

Crash525 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    If you need to be away from a plug it ahould be a concern. This really is a gaming desktop replacement. 2 hours battery life if you can really stretch it. it runs really hot no matter what. The keyboard stay relatively cool. The bottom gets hot.

If your qorking with it plugged in all the time its fine. If you dont mind hearing fan noise all the time either your fine.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

9. IndyPilot80

Reputations:
    Thanks for the info, everyone! X5 V7 is ordered and on the way!

10. IndyPilot80

Reputations:
    So, I ordered the X5 V7 2 days ago via a seller on Amazon with Prime. It was supposed to be here tomorrow. Then it was pushed back to Thursday and again pushed back to Friday. Is there something going on with these laptops? I'm finding a lot of places are out of stock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.