Aorus X5 V7, X7 V7, DT X7 all estimated for June release in USA

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by laserbullet, May 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crash525

Crash525 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    You dont get it do you. So if that were the case then why isnt the gpu temps higher? Same idea. Gpu heats the cpu to a higher temp. Why isnt the higher temp heating the lower temp.

So if the cpu is at idle and hardly working and the gpu is working then why is the cpu temp higher than the gpu?

My whole point is the gpus heat is not causing cpu to miraculously heat higher than the gpu temp. The cooling system cannot even keep the cpu reaonably cool at idle. What makes you think the cooling system can keep the cpu cool at max? If anything the cpu will make the gpu over heat.

No duh the cpu runs hotter in the x5. Thats why theres 6 heat pipes in the x5 instead of 2 in the aero 15. Even though those two heat pipes keep the cpu cooler that are shared with the gpu than the x5s 3 of their own for the cpu.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2. Derek712

Derek712 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I don't think there's ever a good way to explain it. I don't care how many heat pipes or fans you have, as long as poor quality control exists, YMMV. All it takes is a slight bend in the copper for improper contact. And I about flipped my lid when two of the screws on my x7 CPU were loose (when I went to repaste). The fact is, they'll never start caring to do better because most people don't know any better. Most people are just naive to it and just play.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Vistar Shook likes this.
  3. tps3443

tps3443 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I bought mine used for $1,700 with the 4k panel, and 512gb ssd W 1tb hdd. He bought it last month brand new,

Im not worried about warranty. This is not a new product. As in, its not a brand new design. With kinks and issues under neath.

Aorus has built several variants of it, and they all hold up well on the used market.

Repasting with liquid metal is worth having 30c/ 30c cpu and gpu idle temps. You will not throttle anymore, and your laptop will boost much higher all while running cooler and using less power.

Ive ordered liquid metal, i should have my x7 v7 by friday or saturday. I could do a small write up on this, and post back with pics.

4. Svegetto

Svegetto Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The cpu cannot cool as easily because there is now something (the GPU) making environment warmer. So you almost have it with "Why isnt the higher temp heating the lower temp." because yes it is, the problem is that the delta in the temps is much smaller between 58C (CPU) and 48C (GPU) than 58C (CPU) and 20C (no GPU).

Think of it this way, if you have a heater in your room raising the ambient temperature, obviously the laptop and its CPU temp will be warmer (even though the CPU is FAR hotter than the room) than in the scenario where you removed/turned off the heater, lowering the ambient temperature of the room. Now swap out heater for GPU and there you go.
    This is why people that oc/uv and compare thermals afterwards, always specify the ambient temperature because someone living in Alaska in the winter will get vastly different results than someone in Texas in the summer.

This is my final attempt at trying to explain this as I can't make it simpler (maybe someone else can), and I don't want to further pollute the thread with basics.

Vistar Shook likes this.
  5. Crash525

Crash525 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Its not so much the fact that im worrying about it failing more than i am annoyed with. The only reason why i worry about it taking a crap on is my aero 15 died 29 day after purchase. Could have been a fluke but with the way my x5 is acting compared to what others are saying i have my doubts itll be reliable.

6. Crash525

Crash525 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    You are missing the whole point. With the way you explain it. Then the gpu would become the same temp as the cpu when there is not active cooling going. They share a heat pipe, ambient air temp close quarters. You are referencing that thengpu is causing the cpu to become hotter. Heat moves to colder temps. A colder object does not make a higher temp object hotter. They will equalize.

My whole point is even undervolting and underclocking the cpu does not idle at a reasonable temp. Therefore it leads me to believe something is wrong inside.

Think about it this way. You do not walk outside in cold temps and get warmer. The way you are explaining it means you walk outside in cold temps and got warmer.

Heres another example. If you have a hand warmer that is only heating to 90f amd you are holding it in your hands and your hands are 98f. Then you are warming the hand warmer. If the hand warmer does not get hotter than your body temp them your body heat is transferring to the hand warmer.

I dont know how else to explain it.

7. benson881

benson881 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    What mV you running at that?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

8. Svegetto

Svegetto Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You're so close... in your example, ask yourself how long will it take for your hand (cpu) take to fall to 80F or even 90F while you're holding the hand warmer (gpu) vs if you dropped it (turned off the gpu).
    Unfortunately I'm an engineer and not a teacher, so I don't know how to make this easier to understand.

9. Crash525

Crash525 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I dont understand. The hand warmer is producing heat, just not enough to make it the same or hotter than your hands. No matter what the hand warmer in this case will not get less than 90*f or above 98*f. Same for your hands. So in your question if you dropped the hand warmer your hands rise back to 98*f and the hand warmer will go back down to 90*f. The only way your hands will get hotter is if the temp from the outside is hotter than 98*f.

I get what you are trying to say, ambient temps rise cause other temps to rise. point being the cpu will be that temp once everything normalize. it has x amount of power being used. Unless ambient temp is hotter than the cpu, the cpu will not get hotter. with your analogy there is more than a heater and a laptop in a room. There is also another form of heat, the gpu. If the ambient temp is 50*c from the gpu heat and the heater in the room. The laptop cpu is 55*c, the laptop is transferring heat to the ambient air and the gpu. There is still a cooling process going on. if the ambient air rises then the cpu temp will also rise. but everything has normalize. The gpu is not getting hotter and the heater is not heating the room anymore. until the ambient air is increasing the the cpu temp the cpu temp will stay the same at idle. The point is the 48*c gpu temp is not causing my cpu temp to go from 55*c to 58*c. Thats the cpu causing that not the gpu. The gpu at this point is still acting like a heat sink. If the gpu temp was 40*c then the cpu temp will most likely be 50*c. not rocket science.

The aero 15 had less cooling capabilites in a small chassis. The x5 has more cooling capabilites in a larger chassis. 3x times as much maybe even more since it cooled out four different vents instead of two. it cannot keep a cpu cool. it can keep the gpu cool but not cpu. do you get that part? Id hope you are an engineer (by the way thats just super.) Is there any more useless information about yourself you want to share?

10. tps3443

tps3443 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Thats a nice setup your running.

Are you able to overclock system ddr4? I see alot of sets of sodimm memory available ddr4 3200/3800/4000.

Im finding very little info if we can run such fast ddr4 on a 7820hk, i play alot of Fallout 4 so going from DDR4 2400 to DDR4 3000 or higher than that shows huge improvements.

I cannot find anyone who has pushed the 7820hk imc to see if its possible to run such fast options of memory

Every 300mhz faster the memory is, literally imcreases 5+fps more.

So its worth it, especially with huge 4k texture packs, and running the most demanding game on the market "Fallout 4 VR" it easily makes 1080Ti's whimper.

How cool would it be to run a steady 4.5Ghz on the cpu with ddr4 4000mhz? This would be nice

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.