Aorus X5 V7, X7 V7, DT X7 all estimated for June release in USA

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by laserbullet, May 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crash525

Crash525 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Thats great and all but that doesnt stop the fact that it voids the warranty and im not doing that.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2. ThePerfectStorm

ThePerfectStorm Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Who did you buy it from and where?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Crash525

Crash525 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Amazon.

4. ThePerfectStorm

ThePerfectStorm Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Have you checked with Gigabyte about whether you can open it up? AFAIK those breakable seals that void warranty aren't legal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Derek712

Derek712 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Mine didn't have any seals at all. And yes, you're right, if you live in US or Canada, they can't enforce them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

6. Svegetto

Svegetto Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Besides the cpu difference, doesn't the aero 15 use optimus? That's a huge difference since you don't have a second piece of hardware always spitting out heat, raising the overall temps (especially since they have a shared heatpipe). Pros and cons of optimus vs gsync.
    Like others said though, after repasting, the fans are off on 'quiet' mode when browsing the web.

7. Crash525

Crash525 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Yes it uses optimus but thats for the gpu switching and better battery life. The cpu does not get nearly as hot on the aero as is does the x5 v7. I have to turn power setting on and reduce the cpu max percentage to 70% to keep the fans from turning on in quiet mode. The gpu idles at 47 to 48c the cpu idles at 55 to 58c. While the cpu usage is at 2% and the frequency is around 1.6.

8. Svegetto

Reputations:
    Right, so on the Aero, unless you're gaming or doing something that would force the dGPU to turn on, you have no extra heat produced by the hardware with the highest TDP in the laptop. On the contrary, in the x5/x7 the GPU is always on and always generating heat, raising the internal laptop temps, and therefore raising the temp of the CPU, not to mention the shared heatpipe between the GPU and CPU further raising temps on the CPU.

Note that "better battery life" is directly linked to how much power is being drawn, and that is directly linked to how much heat is created and has to be dissipated.

9. Crash525

Crash525 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Right, so on the x5 v7 the gpu is always on. The gpus temp is 48. While the cpus temp is 58c on power save. They pretty much have separate cooler besides like one heat pipe. The gpu is not heating the processor.

10. Svegetto

Reputations:
    of course it is; it's raising the ambient temperature in the laptop and therefore raising the temperature of the cpu. Anything inside the laptop creating temps over the ambient temperature will raise the temp of the cpu. Pair that with a heatpipe connecting the two and a more power hungry cpu than that of the Aero and it's not surprising why the temps are warmer without fans actively dissipating heat.

Vistar Shook likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.