Aorus X5 V7, X7 V7, DT X7 all estimated for June release in USA

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by laserbullet, May 18, 2017.

1. Tanner@XoticPC

Tanner@XoticPC Company Representative

Reputations:

I like it, and I think a solution for parts being less accessible and to make the system more modular would be to attach all panels to a 360° hinge. So fully unlocked you could open it like a book, the lid, C panel and D panel would open from the main chassis allowing access to both sides of the mobo. If you're already making it heavy/bulky a stronger frame to support such a hinge shouldn't be a problem.

2. laserbullet

laserbullet Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I know I'll have some dead time later, I might tinker with my little fantasy design a little more for the hell of it. I'll probably bend the pipes around the fans properly instead of the unrealistic angles, and then even add two more pipes to match the fact that the side vents have two pipes routed in front of them as it is in the x5 v6. Then I'll try and get the scale better and actually take a stab at a more detailed layout for what goes under all those heatsinks. By my reckoning, the CPU, GPU, CPU VRMs, GPU VRMs, VRAM, and PCH are what all need to be accounted for under there?

3. OWNORDISOWN

OWNORDISOWN Newbie

Reputations:
    I do a full review on the Aorus x3 V7 including repasting with Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut.
    Full review:
    Repasting video:

Cheers
    Ownordisown

steberg and bwolmarans like this.