Aorus X5 V7, X7 V7, DT X7 all estimated for June release in USA

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by laserbullet, May 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidvv

davidvv Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks all for your advices, as you have helped me a lot.
    So, reading more, WiFi problem seems to be resolved atm (sorry i missed some info, too many posts at this thread) and it was some kind of mixed problem between poor drivers and **** windows updates.
    And about thermals I'll apply LM and maybe paste to GPU if its cold enought as you have pointed, not for overclocking as I will mostly play at 1080p (22" FHD screen/50" tv steamlink) but for keep thermals down maybe even underclocking (loving quiets and power saving pc), just to get the 1080p@60FPS sweet spot I'm fine.
    I could have bought something with 1050ti or 1060 but I tend to renew every 3-4 years so in the long run 1070 is needed to keep that frame rate in some years. Even maybe overclocking is needed and then I'll do it.

Thanks again. Everybody, and every tip or guidance is welcome.

@tps3443

Any guide to get so awesome scores and performance I could read?

Thx in advance

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

2. Svegetto

Svegetto Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm fortunate enough to have gigabit at home (and close to it at work), so I get ~600Mbps over wifi, with <10ms pings. On ethernet it's the full 900+Mbps with 1-2ms pings. To be fair, I do most of my gaming on ethernet out of habit, but sometimes I forget and there's no meaningful difference (though my house is peppered with APs).

3. tps3443

tps3443 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yea 1gigabit has just become available through my home provider. Albeit is $93 per month by its self, if I did upgrade to that bandwidth level.

But, I really don’t see the point. My internet is the 400mbps package I was mistaken before not the 200mbps.

I can download even the largest of games of about a 60GB file size in around an hour, or hour and a half. Which is a huge file! And not everyday I’m DLing such huge file so I’m happy enough.

4. krabman

krabman Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I was flying through Istanbul on the way back to the States when... During the last security check the man pulls my laptop out of my bag. His eyes get big and he actually made a small sigh of delight. That got the attention of the man next to him who came over an began a brief inquiry about gaming performance and other important security issues. While I was answering their questions both were handling the laptop in a way that could best be described by either fondling or caressing in blind adoration like a toddler will with his/her mother. Then as quickly as it began it was over and I was on my way.

Just another day in the life of an Aorus X7 owner. :)

GTVEVO, Svegetto and ThePerfectStorm like this.
  5. Svegetto

Reputations:
    I agree, anything over 100Mbps is more then sufficient for the vast majority. We have gigabit mainly for two reasons, work (downloading large ISOs, Images, Zips, etc) and because it was cheaper at the time than a 40Mbps connection (thank you google fiber for providing competition). It is fun being able to download a full game faster than you can install it on an SSD; it's so fast in fact that it gives the option (which I've used several times on my old laptops that had limited SSD space) to delete games and reinstall them later, since it takes maybe 5-10min to reinstall a AAA title.

6. Intuos

Intuos Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I've run into an issue with what I believe to be software related. For keyboard shortcuts pressing ctrl + shift + alt is a handy combo, but I've seen it register ctrl + shift + x instead, did anyone else run into this as well? And is there a workaround for it, other than using one of the preset macros or alternatively using the right control instead of the left? Remapping the left control with either a macro or the control button doesn't do the trick unfortunately.

E: I've already tried updating Aorus fusion to 3.8.4

7. Svegetto

Reputations:
    I think it's more of a keyboard firmware question; I know when the laptop shipped originally it had issues that were addressed with a couple of firmware updates, so perhaps you're not on the latest version.

Intuos likes this.
  8. Intuos

Intuos Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Latest version of the keyboard firmware is 1.2.0 and I've just tried if reverting back to 1.1.8 would help, but no.

9. benson881

benson881 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Just wondered if someone could help me with overclocking & undervolting my x7 v7 GPU please.

So if i run Superposition benchmark i get a score 10417. This is with my CPU @ 4.0Ghz with a -155mV My average GPU clock is 1720mhz @ avg 0.946 V

I use MSI afterburner and I can run 1848mhz @ 0.875 V & 200mhz mem overclock stable. Temps are much better but i only get a score if 10100? What gives?

Any idea?

Update

Check this out....
    Very interesting

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  10. alawadhi3000

alawadhi3000 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    1850MHz @ 0.875V is a bit too aggressive, try 1800MHz @ 0.875V.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.