Aorus X5 MD

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by sicily428, Jun 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Svegetto

Svegetto Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Exactly what I was going to say. In theory, it should just be a part swap for Aorus (whereas entire new laptops for Acer & Asus), so I don't see a reason for why it would take another several months to release after the v7. Also, since Nvidia stated that max-q was coming out in the summer (I think July), that would make sense for MD, unless there's limited number of these GPUs and Acer/Asus take priority of Aorus.
    However, with all that said, we've seen the trouble Aorus has had with meeting any deadlines recently, so who knows...

2. NewMan4Life2010

NewMan4Life2010 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm waiting to buy the Aorus X5 MD.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

3. InvoluntorySoul

InvoluntorySoul Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    too bad the design screams gamer, I think i'll be too embarissed to use it in starbucks

4. Palespartan

Palespartan Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    To each their own. But I would say of the other laptops out there with similar specs it seems really sleek and like something you can use in a professional setting without too many heads turning. I found that to be part of the appeal personally. I think even though the body is slightly more aggressive than something like the razer blade the logo is less distracting. But again just my personal preference definitely something that i think will be less "gamery" than other laptops with the same specs.

5. InvoluntorySoul

InvoluntorySoul Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

i think it is mainly the huge eagle on the trackpad it is just so distracting and you are forced to stare at it all the time o and the speaker layout, rectangle speaker grill is not good enough i guess

6. Svegetto

Svegetto Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I agree with both; only reason I'm even considering this laptop is because it doesn't scream gamer as much as most 'gaming/performance' laptops. I do wish they did away with that awful trackpad logo; really I wish they did away with that eagle logo period as it looks like it's something a 10 year old came up with. My hope for the trackpad is to put something like a dbrand skin on it, like they have for other laptop trackpads, and for the logo on the lid, a sticker will do nicely (which is what I currently have on my msi gs60 to cover up their dragon logo.... at least that's the only thing that I needed to do on that one).

7. laserbullet

laserbullet Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Can XoticPC or someone make the mousepad logo go away?

8. infinitipearl

infinitipearl Newbie

Reputations:
    First post here on the forum. I ordered the x5 v7 on June 9th from agearnotebooks.com, and even called to verify they had it in stock. He said they did, but has put a "pending hold" of "at least 3 to 5 days" on my credit card to "verify payment" before shipping. Not sure if that's true (I've never dealt with that from any purchase before), or if it's a way to try to delay shipment until he actually gets stock in? We'll just have to see, but I'll post here if and when I receive the machine.

9. laserbullet

laserbullet Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    At this point my hunch is that agearnotebook's claim of having it in stock is utter BS. They've had it in stock for quite a while now, if you believe their website, and yet reviewers are still under NDA or haven't posted anything yet? Yeah, right.

10. infinitipearl

infinitipearl Newbie

Reputations:
    my hunch is in line with yours unfortunately. i'll update if/when i get any movement on the order. hopefully not months from now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.