Aorus Release Behavior?

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by b3nni, Sep 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alawadhi3000

alawadhi3000 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What you are saying makes no sense bro, I bet your overclock on the desktop 1070 isn't 100% stable, happens a lot on Pascal chips.

2. Svegetto

Svegetto Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You're making a lot of assumptions here, like that the number of cores is linearly proportional to the clock rates, that clock rates scale linearly, that cuda cores scale linearly, and that it's all the same regardless of workload. In reality, things are far from that.
    It's very likely that in his benchmarks, the extra cuda cores were favored over higher clock rates which led to his results.

rinneh likes this.
  3. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    It is stable, but the laptop 1070 also has a slightly higher throughput just because of the higher amount of cuda cores. Its not just mhz + cude cores = performance. There is more too it. I could overclock my GPU memory higher on my laptop for example as well (samsung vs hynix memory).

4. manlai

manlai Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    That x7 v8 looks so good. a thin laptop with a 1080 that doesn't melt? Figures as soon as I discover it, it's discontinued and I have to wait to see what's next... maybe at CES?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.