AORUS Gaming Notebooks with Pascal, RGB LED keyboards - GTX 1060/1070/1080 13.9"/15.6"/17.3"

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by Charles P. Jefferies, Aug 17, 2016.

1. sisqo_uk

sisqo_uk Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Oh I see. When you disregarded the tb3 etc in the other post. I instantly assumed you mean the x3 since they aren't getting it in the refresh.
    Maybe they will have the screen. It's hard to say. I'm not really familiar with striping screen. The 1070 is plenty for the screen. I'd probably go with the screen that you mainly use externally. If you use 1440p. Then I'd have it because then when you game on the laptop at 1080p your getting more fps at same settings. So your just going to notice it maybe and feel like you can't game the same way on your external 1440p (or whatever it is). So I'd just pick what's the same as your monitor really.
    Plus colour and detail is usually better. Sometimes it's nice gaming from the laptop and having a nicer display helps otherwise you will always game externally and your laptop will literally be a fully time desktop instead of laptop if that makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. knibbler

knibbler Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have the FHD 120hz 5ms gsync screen on my x5 V6 and it's awesome (after display calibration).

I think it's a Newegg only thing

3. sisqo_uk

sisqo_uk Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yea that model got that. But just thinking the x3 never.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Shivi Vats

Shivi Vats Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I hope this is the correct place to post this.
    I plan to buy the X5 sometime in late April/early May.
    I've heard that the 3K panel has a lot of PWM and that I should go for the 1080p/120Hz one. Personally I'm fine with a 1080p screen, and Newegg has one on sale right now(https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16834725037). It also has a nice $430 discount. That is a LOT and is the only thing that brings the laptop within my budget of $2000.
    What are the user reviews of this laptop? Does this get really hot due to the slim design?
    Also would this laptop last me a good 3.5-4 years?
    Would a current user recommend it to someone who is about to purchase this?
    I am really confused about what to buy and I'd like to not have regrets after buying this!
    Thanks!

5. Jared_T

Jared_T Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Look to @MiSJAH for his review! He also has the same speced laptop that youre looking for!

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

6. Shivi Vats

Shivi Vats Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thank you! I've gained a lot of knowledge in the past few hours by looking at @MiSJAH (/s) posts and threads.

MiSJAH likes this.
  7. Jared_T

Reputations:
    Yo guys! Using an X7v6 here! Anyone here having issues with the latest version of Fusion engine? Mine gives me a runtime error and reinstalling net framework has not fixed it. Also, my C&C center will not show up on screen regardless of how many times i try to launch it. Any workarounds?

8. Jared_T

Reputations:
    So i went on an overclocking spree today on my X7v6 and managed to push my 1070 to 2063Mhz core and 4293Mhz on the memory using Afterburner. Core temps went up to 68 celcius max for the GPU and 56 celcius for the CPU on a 20 min Firestrike loop with fans set on a custom loop. Perfectly stable. Anything above that and the test would crash. Other than that, loving the sheer power and thermal management on this laptop. Excellent temps with very acceptable fan noise too.

MiSJAH likes this.
  9. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Support.2@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:

Impressive. I would have predicted higher GPU temps, well done.

10. Jared_T

Reputations:
    Hey all. I'm experiencing a weird issue with my X7v6 FHD. So i have my screen set to turn itself off after 10mins. If i leave it for a period of time e.g when i cook or go out and eat, when i move the mouse to turn the screen back on, i experience a really bad case of striping where like a majority of the pixels are visible and colors are all messed up and flickering. The striping tends to disappear after a restart but the flicker tends to remain for about 20 to 30mins before slowly disappearing. Anyone got a clue as to what is going on? I am on Nvidia's latest WQHL driver updated via GeFore Experience. The flickering is really making any use of the laptop really difficult as it tends to strain my eyes and eventually i end up with a bit of a headache.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk