AORUS Gaming Notebooks with Pascal, RGB LED keyboards - GTX 1060/1070/1080 13.9"/15.6"/17.3"

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by Charles P. Jefferies, Aug 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. canoekoh

canoekoh Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    hey guys, hopping over here from the alienware forum trying to look for some alternatives.

i want a gtx1080 laptop but the 17r4 is just way too massive. the razer blade pro has a **** 6700hq so i've been looking at the aorus x7 v6 dt or the upcoming v7 dt.

so i know the razer blade pro is **** on b/c apparently the gtx 1080 doesn't even perform to its full potential? i heard it was being intentionally throttled in order to reduce heat.

i'm worried the aorus x7 dt laptops also have throttling since it also has a similar thin-profile like the razer. people keep telling me to avoid aorus due to heat issues. is this still true?

2. Jared_T

Jared_T Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The DT already is not performing as good as it was advertised. We have another thread discussing inadequate power being delivered to the 1080 in that system

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

3. canoekoh

canoekoh Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    thanks, i'll look into it.

safe to say, it's near impossible to find a thin-profile gtx1080 laptop?

4. Jared_T

Reputations:
    For now it looks to be that way unless you want to live with the throttled performance in both the DT and the Blade Pro. Still waiting on notebookcheck's Blade Pro review. Least it gives us another laptop of similar thickness to compare it to.

5. GameheadBrock

GameheadBrock Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys, my Aorus x7 v6 with GTX 1070 is only getting around 12,700 in Fire strike. That's turning all the options to full overclocking mode. That seems to be lower than most of the scores most people are getting. Any ideas on why or how to improve the score?

Thanks

Edit: I ran it again but this time it recommended turning G sync off. When I did I got a cool 14,700 and like 18,000 GPU. This is one mean machine.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  6. Jared_T

Reputations:
    How are your temps like? If you're getting that low of a score on the 1070 there may be some throttling either due to high temps or an excessive draw of power from the wall

7. derkeysersoze

derkeysersoze Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I think skipped this on the x3 because it would be a hard sell to buy an x5 or x7 if the x3 offers the same CPU and the ability to have an external GPU. I love the x3 and would never go back to a 15.6 or bigger laptop.

8. Guvernator

Guvernator Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can someone tell me the difference between the x5 and the DT, both look very similar to me.

Also does anyone have any ideas about when the v7 versions will be released?

9. ThePerfectStorm

ThePerfectStorm Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The x5 is 15.6", the DT is 17.3". The x5 has a 1070, the DT has a 1080. There are several more differences such as PSU, Cooling system, weight and dimensions (obviously).

And I'm not sure when the v7 versions will be released.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

10. Guvernator

Guvernator Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Sorry I meant to say x7 I think which seems to have both a plain vanilla X7 and a DT version. The only difference I can see is that one comes with a 1070 and the other with a 1080?

I've read the X5's run a little hot, is this also true of the X7's or does the bigger size=better cooling? I'm guessing the 1080 GTX version will still bake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.