Aorus 17 X, 2080 Super Intel gen 10

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by GTVEVO, Apr 3, 2020.

1. GTVEVO

GTVEVO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It has arrived, I have some configuration changes to make but a quick run granted some good performance. Not bad for stock CPU configuration all 8 cores at 4.4ghz and 1 core at 5.3ghz, max cpu temp was 80c so there is a little room to go futher.

upload_2020-7-22_12-54-50.png

kylera likes this.
  2. kylera

kylera Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

I paid extra for extra cooling from HID, and now I can’t wait for my order to ship!

GTVEVO likes this.
  3. GTVEVO

GTVEVO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Time spy on same settings as above.
    upload_2020-7-22_14-43-22.png

4. GTVEVO

GTVEVO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Small overclock just to stabilize 2ghz on GPU and 4.6 on CPU (all 8 cores), temps are still ok but I don't think I will make it to 5ghz on all cores without metal paste which I prob won't do on this system. I expect 4.8 will prob be the ceiling but the GPU should have some left as its perfectly stable and very cool.

BTW, the keyboard is great and I have been playing games on a single 330 adapter with no performance issues or stupid notifications about anything.

upload_2020-7-22_20-29-28.png

Lolaholic likes this.
  5. h2knacho

h2knacho Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Great post. Solid temps. Glad it worked out for you bud.

6. kylera

kylera Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    GTVEVO likes this.
  7. GTVEVO

GTVEVO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    A new baseline, no overclock just max in control center. Max draw was 350 watts, pretty sure a single 330 adapter is good for 400 watts and previously on my clevo's wouldn't throw the breakers until about 440 watts.

upload_2020-7-23_15-38-36.png

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
  8. Lolaholic

Lolaholic Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi. I got mine as well. I'm happy with it so far. Im only using 1 power supply & have been happy with its performance with just one. May I ask how you got that in game display of the temp, FPS, power draw & RAM usage please? I only get FPS through my Steam settings or UPlay settings.
    Thanks!

9. senso

senso Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Usually that is done using RTSS in combination with MSI Afterburner, just install Afterburner and RTSS(its bundled) and then configured the OSD.

10. GTVEVO

GTVEVO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The snap shot above is from the 3DMark application result and not the website, you do have to pull down to display the "Monitoring Graphs", if that is what you are referring too. As for power draw I use an outlet meter instead of the OSD result from something like HWINFO simply because I want to see the raw pull to ensure I wasn't stressing the adapters too far. Once the power gets into the system its not exact science due to power efficiency, I have a feeling these adapters are more efficient than the older delta adapters that have been around for many years. Just my hypothesis though at the moment nothing concrete yet.