Aorus 17 X, 2080 Super Intel gen 10

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by GTVEVO, Apr 3, 2020.

1. kylera

kylera Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Heads up to potential customers: The preorder label is gone from HID and Xotic. GenTechPC still says it's a preorder on their site.

GTVEVO likes this.
  2. GTVEVO

GTVEVO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Shows active on NewEgg too from HIDEvolution.

3. GTVEVO

GTVEVO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    No delivery for me today, UPS pulled a reschedule right before delivery deadline even after it was paid for next day air. Called and no live customer service is available due to COVID, what a crock.

4. kylera

Reputations:
    Man, you’re really being put through the wringer with this!

I am assuming your order isn’t international? Mine is, and I seriously hope I face only half the shipping issues you’ve dealt with!

5. GTVEVO

GTVEVO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Not international just California to Missouri, but it went to Kentucky for some reason :confused:. Says a reschedule for tomorrow, we shall see. I will post up if it arrives.

6. kylera

Reputations:
    Going by your signature, I’m going to assume that this is not your first Gigabyte laptop. I got a question that I think you might be able to answer: why do you think the Aorus line doesn’t seem to have the market share that other brands do? When I go through posts in this forum and in Reddit, most people talk about Clevo, TongFang, Alienware, Razer, MSI and more recently, Lenovo.

I mean...I chose and bought this laptop because I wanted something with a lot of oomph and as big a screen as feasible. My first choice was the MSI GT76, but the mandatory power dongle was the ultimate dealbreaker and seeing how there are two power ports on the Aorus pretty much made this the better choice...and even better, anecdotes that you can still run the laptop with just one adapter albeit at reduced performance practically sealed the deal.

Ideally I would take a desktop but I am a contractor far away so if my contract isn’t extended, I don’t have to deal with the logistics of moving desktop components back home.

Even online, it seems like there aren’t anywhere near as many raves or rants, founded or unfounded, for Gigabyte compared to other brands

7. GTVEVO

GTVEVO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    In my experience the high end DT models from Aorus/Gigabyte are just hard to get in your hands due to the availability as it seems they do not make as many and their primary region is around their own area (Tiawan). Very few seem to make it into the US compared to other manufactures, they are worth it though. I had to pursue my X7V7DT from Dubai because I couldn't get one in the US with the specs I wanted.

I originally tried the Aorus X7V7DT because I saw a middle line that still offered great performance, quality and thought out design without too much sacrifice. I will say I have been really impressed with it in every category and don't regret that purchase at all. Because of this I felt it was worth it to wait for the new 17x as it just looks to carry the same well balance. I am confident the product will provide a feel of quality and the performance wont require some voodoo crafting or crappy software, just alter the profile, test it and go. Ultimately it won't require constant messing about taking away from the pleasures you expect when you finally have time to sit down and focus on some fun. That matched with HIDEvolution I feel pretty confident.

I do like MSI systems and have owned a few but their overall quality and function is more for pure performance, like no flexibility with the adapters. Nothing wrong with that though if its what you are after with sacrifice of other pleasures.

kylera likes this.
  8. h2knacho

h2knacho Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    UPS has some sort of Next Day Air hub in Kentucky. You can ship something NDA in your same state, and they will fly it to Kentucky, then back to your destination state.

GTVEVO likes this.
  9. kylera

Reputations:
    HID has a new i9 entry with a preorder - late August tag.

Same price at $3899, but with a 300hz screen instead of 240hz. Everything else is identical.

GTVEVO likes this.
  10. GTVEVO

GTVEVO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2020