Aorus 17 X, 2080 Super Intel gen 10

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by GTVEVO, Apr 3, 2020.

1. GTVEVO

GTVEVO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Did you have any luck?

2. Krzyslaw

Krzyslaw Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Didn't try it yet as I don't have much time now at home. I think I will try at weekend.
    But one more question regarding your previous post about gsync, as I red it once again and I think you didn't understand me correctly.
    My question should be: Is your laptop panel gsync enabled, or you have muxles only(Optimus only based system). I didn't ask if the card work with gsync monitors via connecting them to the laptops hdmi, dp ports.

Thanks

3. GTVEVO

GTVEVO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    My system has a switch so it run via iGPU or dGPU, the 240hz panel doesn't support gsync. The same model with 300hz does support it according to previous posts. It appears the dGPU does support GSYNC if your monitor or internal panel does.

4. Krzyslaw

Krzyslaw Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @GTVEVO
    Thank you. I will raport as soon as I fash the vbios.

5. GTVEVO

GTVEVO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Anyone else recently have issues with running your panel at the native 240hz? 244hz is perfect but the native 240 almost appears the timing is off with some interference on the right side of the monitor. If I roll back to a much earlier NVIDIA driver I don't have the issue?

Anyone recently lost control of the fn+f7 f8 f9 volume keys on their system. Mine no longer work and I have the sneaky suspicion its due to some recent windows updates.

UPDATE: I re-installed an older control center (no change) then the last official version of the Nvidia driver noted in control center and then upgraded control center to the latest official version and I now have a clear screen and volume functions work.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
  6. Lolaholic

Lolaholic Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Do any of you have any issues with battery drain after shut down? When i switch it on after a week or 2, battery is down by about 30-40%

I've tried many things such as turning off hibernate, fast boot, etc but nothing seems to help.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
  7. GTVEVO

GTVEVO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I can't say I have tested this but I will try to unplug tonight and see if I experience any battery draining.

8. GTVEVO

GTVEVO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Crap someone used my laptop last night without it being plugged in (xmas shopping) so I will repeat the test overnight until I have a good result to share.

9. Lolaholic

Reputations:
    My battery might be dead unfortunately. On the Aorus control center, the battery section says to replace the battery. Called the warranty number on the purchase website & i was told they will collect the laptop & replace it as its with 12 months since purchase.

10. Lolaholic

Reputations:
    My battery might be dead unfortunately. On the Aorus control center, the battery section says to replace the battery. Called the warranty number on the purchase website & i was told they will collect the laptop & replace it as its with 12 months since purchase.