Aorus 17 X, 2080 Super Intel gen 10

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by GTVEVO, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Medoyute

Medoyute Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello all, seems my Aorus 17X journey ends here. Story to follow hopefully not too long.

Since my last post I tried ordering the XoticPc.com, as upon checking with one of the sales reps, they confirmed that they had the Aorus 17X on hand in stock and processing would take anywhere from 10-13 days. Ordered on Friday, they charged my card, and I waited for the status to update. Close to a week later I decided to check with a rep on the status. Turns out they order all their Aorus models to-order and has a 30 day lead time so I was looking at getting one early to mid October. I understand everything with COVID and shipping lines created delays and couldn't fault them for that. Asked what happened to the stock that they previously received(note that in the preceding weeks, this was on pre-order but that changed and they had confirmed stock just before I ordered), turns out there were units on hand when I placed my order but those were allocated to previous orders older than mine. Even at the time of this chat there were no indications that the unit was out of stock nor was on pre-order. This got me uncomfortable as no one would have let me know of this situation unless I had put in the inquiry. I checked with other sellers and they were also out of stock or back-ordered. I even put in an inquiry with Gigabyte themselves and they could only confirm ETA end of September for units to be back in stock in their storefront. At this point I had to go with a plan B and that was an Alienware Area 51M R2.

I configured one in the color I liked and with specs I thought were reasonable/close to the YB-8US6432MP. Turns out Dell has a 17% of sale going on until the 24th and was able to get a i7 10700K, 2080Super, 32gig DDR4 3200 and similar hard drive set up for a difference of $24 from what I paid on XoticPc after tax!! Safe to say I ordered it 3 days ago and it's on is way with free expedited shipping. I feel much better about this as with future upgrades, I can use a desktop CPU and also use the proprietary Alienware Graphics Adaptor for next gen video cards.

As of this writing the Gigabyte store front no longer lists the Aorus 17X; it previously showed the 3 models as out of stock now I get a 404 page error. Safe to say I may have dodged a bullet there as it looks like the issues with supply may be greater than Gigabyte seem to let on. While possibly not XoticPc's fault, they did not leave a good first impression on this in my opinion.

GTVEVO likes this.
  2. senso

senso Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Known bug fixed on latest Nvidia drivers.

GTVEVO likes this.
  3. GTVEVO

GTVEVO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Everyone, I have had a ticket open for a while as I am unable to custom program the keyboard for different game profiles like my previous Aorus models. I was assuming others didn't have this issue as it was a problem with the shipped keyboard firmware not campatible with the control center software. I created a ticket and this was the response I was sent?
    upload_2020-9-24_18-4-39.png

What I am wondering is do you have ability to add custom keyboard profiles for different games outside the hardcoded list? Its presented in the documentation as the image below which matches my other models. Notice the profile boxes for your customizations with animation being custom1.

upload_2020-9-24_18-7-48.png

This is from the advertisement
    upload_2020-9-24_18-15-25.png

4. Krzyslaw

Krzyslaw Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Could someone be so kind and share 200W vbios for rtx2080super? Can be via private msg. I own Msi ge75 with 10875h and rtx2080super but the vbios is only 150W and I want to try higher tdp rated vbios for it.
    Thanks

Maybe @GTVEVO , @h2knacho as I saw your post with 200w RTX2080S

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  5. GTVEVO

GTVEVO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I should be able to link one later but our bios could have multiple power plans as 1 ac adapter gives you 150 watts, 2 ac adapters enables 200 watts. I am not sure how they enabled this feature but just for your awareness.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

6. Krzyslaw

Reputations:
    Thanks, waiting
    I think that it is not your vbios but maybe EC that controls power that is allowed to be pull from a card and power supply

7. GTVEVO

GTVEVO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Krzyslaw likes this.
  8. Krzyslaw

Reputations:
  9. GTVEVO

GTVEVO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The GPU supports GSYNC yes, not all panels support it in the 17x though.

10. Krzyslaw

Reputations:
    Ok, thanks