Aorus 17 X, 2080 Super Intel gen 10

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by GTVEVO, Apr 3, 2020.

1. GTVEVO

GTVEVO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    When I purchased the temps weren't bad at all, posted several bench mark runs with them. After you use metal though nothing else can perform just as well in a DT type laptop. If you can do it safely and without voiding your warranty from your vendor (HIDEvolution allows) you only have gains to achieve. Plus as we move into more and more cores with less area to dissipate the heat its just getting harder to control, the metal paste does help with the spikes and the transfer of the heat while the fans ramp up.

Yes, I applied it. I follow a very safe method of measurement and test fit before actually applying along with a layer of non-conductive material that surrounds the conductive to ensure if it would move it wouldn't be able to move into an area that is conductive or any exposed copper.

Entropytwo likes this.
  2. Entropytwo

Entropytwo Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Alright, my x170 was having Kryonaut pasted by my reseller XMG, as we don't have HID presence in europe. It was reaching a maximum of 78 degrees while maintaining 4.4ghz on all cores. Any higher multiplier pushes it over 80. By your benchmarks i was curious how well your laptop performed and now i know alot more. I can imagine that the i7 10700k would perform at a higher clock speed with metal paste as well while keeping the same temperature steady.
    Thank you alot!

GTVEVO likes this.
  3. Medoyute

Medoyute Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello everyone, glad I found this thread on this laptop. So some backstory: I'm coming from a Toshiba Qosmio X305(owners thread on this website as well; very helpful) bought in 2009. Has served me well despite a motherboard/power issue days after the 1 year warranty expired. After SSD upgrades, fan changes, additions of bluetooth, an upgrade to Windows 10, and USB 3.0 ports, it was time for an upgrade.

Fast forward to now, I settled on the Aorus 17x as to me it offers the best in specs and price. I game frequently and just need something to last me for the next 3-5 years till I build a dedicated tower(life may change these plans). The AORUS 17X YB-8US6432MP seems to be my sweet spot but has been out of stock and on pre-order as of late. Just learned that XoticPC just got these in stock but have never ordered from them. Has anyone had experience with this company? Thanks in advance and look forward to contributing to this thread.

4. sprinkledonut

sprinkledonut Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have no personal experience with XoticPC but if I'm not mistaken they are an authorized reseller of Gigabyte so I would have no problem order through them.

5. GTVEVO

GTVEVO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I would do a search as I did see at least one other vendor with them in stock.

If I was to purchase I would confirm that they have them in hand at their location and the shipment date, not just a tracking number print but actual activity showing it has been picked up and started moving. I have never ordered from XoticPC so I can't speak from experience but there have been posts on here that I have read, just take into consideration that you don't normally hear of the great experiences only the bad.

6. sprinkledonut

Reputations:
    PSA: do not download the bios update in Aorus Control Center or you'll actually be downgrading. I wasn't paying attention and went from version FB04 down to FB02; currently waiting on Gigabyte Support to provide me with ver. FB04 again.

7. GTVEVO

GTVEVO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I am surprised it actually allowed you to install it.

8. sprinkledonut

Reputations:
    GTVEVO likes this.
  9. GTVEVO

GTVEVO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2020 at 10:59 AM