Aorus 17 X, 2080 Super Intel gen 10

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by GTVEVO, Apr 3, 2020.

1. GTVEVO

GTVEVO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Looks like 3d mark states 2160 but I would say that was the peak and averaged just over 2100. Memory was +300

2. sprinkledonut

sprinkledonut Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just purchased one of these today, and was curios if anyone has links for where I can purchase another set of 330w power adapter so I can keep a set at my office.

3. GTVEVO

GTVEVO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I would reach out to HIDEvolution, the bricks do have a better design than the older ones.

4. sprinkledonut

Reputations:
    I actually called HIDEvolution this morning and they wouldn't sell me any power adapters because I didn't buy my laptop through them; got a better deal on my 17X through my local microcenter.

I did find what looks like the correct adapter from this one vender, so I ordered 2 at $185 each. :( I think these will be the correct ones because the listing includes both model numbers my OEM ones have. A17-330P2A A330A007P

http://lps-gopower.com/lps-ac-adapt...-a330a007p-charger-power-adapter-p-23986.html

In other news, thanks for posting your review of your 17X, it's what made me pull the trigger on mine. I had an Alienware m17 r3 with the 150w 2080 super Max P, and also tried the Area 51m r2. The m17 r3 just wasn't as fast as I was hoping barely faster than a 2070 super max P and the 51m r2 can't game with out both power adapters plugged in, whereas the Arous 17X will run the 2080 super at 150w vs 200w with one power adapter. Super handy feature for when you don't want to bring bother power adapters around.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    GTVEVO likes this.
  5. yosv211

yosv211 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Dont be sad, if bought from a Clevo reseller, they would be over $200 easily.

6. GTVEVO

GTVEVO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I see, I didn't realize they would do that but its great that you found some that look to be the same design. Your welcome, I do have a ticket open with Gigabyte since I am unable to save custom keyboard led settings for specific games as I could with my other models. Hopefully they fix that soon but have you noticed this?

7. sprinkledonut

Reputations:
    Just tested it on mine and it's working fine with control center ver. 20.07.15.03 and keyboard firmware 1.1.3.1.

Also just wondering if anyone else is running throttlestop on their machines and if it's working fine with XTU installed? Normally I would uninstall XTU when using throttlestop, but the Aorus Control Center app won't open on my machine if XTU isn't installed.

8. GTVEVO

GTVEVO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I do have throttlestop installed and running at boot with under volt only and max power settings updated.

Control center uses the XTU framework so be aware if you remove the azure ai and control center settings wont work.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

9. GTVEVO

GTVEVO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    My keyboard firmware is 1132 so be aware I think its caused some sort of incompatibility, maybe I can downgrade. But I have custom games listed but nothing I can save for different profiles or games of my own.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

10. sprinkledonut

Reputations:
    Good to know I'll stick with the keyboard firmware I'm at then.

I noticed my 300hz display supports g-sync in the Nvidia settings. I can't find any documentation mentioning this feature anywhere but I have it enable and it seems to be working. Do you have the same option in yours?