Aorus 15 RTX2070 with 21340 firestrike graphics score

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by xaqutor, Feb 1, 2019.

1. sisqo_uk

sisqo_uk Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Defo nicer and it should be quieter too. Then done a good job co trolling the fans. It’s not just a case of fans adequate for cooling. They set up in bios(that you can’t edit) how the cpu is used on it’s own and with gpu to prevent throttling and overheating. They did a clever job with it.
    Plus their rbg keyboard by Corsair is mint. I also heard they was around the cheaper side (which I agree).
    I know this is an gigabyte thread promoting lenovo. But I do buy gigabyte/aorus laptops.
    But seeing as you not that happy with your unit I’m just throwing it out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Joshva

Joshva Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Here are my overall thoughts so far:

CPU Power: Not great for the 8750H - I'm getting a Cinebench R15 score of 1,000 without undervolting, and 1,100 with undervolting. This is lower than my Legion Y7000 which got 1,250
    GPU Power: Amazing. Firestrike score of ~16,000. I was able to play Battlefield 1 at 4k solid 60fps with Ultra settings but anti aliasing off
    Display: OK. Brightness is good but colors are way off
    Temperature: Very good. Not hot at all on the WSAD area, or left palm rest
    Noise: Awful, the fan will not shut off, even when doing nothing, and it has a high pitched wine to it. <-- This will be the reason I return it if i do
    Build: Excellent quality. Solid and lightweight
    Webcam: Low quality
    Trackpad: Surprisingly decent
    Keyboard: Ok, Lenovo Y7000, Surface Book 2 etc. all better
    Price: Too expensive. Yes the build and graphics are much better than my Lenovo Y7000 but the fan is attrocious, and the CPU is less powerful.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  3. IKAS V

IKAS V Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Yeah me too.
    The more I look into it the more I’m convinced Gsync for me is a option that I need.
    Not sure why more laptop makers aren’t implementing Gsync for gaming laptops besides adding a bit to the cost but I also get why some people need more battery life for other needs but c’mon most people buy gaming laptops for just that gaming.

This is what I was afraid of, the people that are saying you really don’t need Gsync on a fast display are the ones that don’t have Gsync on there laptops.

piteris2 likes this.
  4. xaqutor

xaqutor Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The really weird thing about this laptop is that it doesn't have G-Sync or Optimus

5. Joshva

Reputations:

I know its nuts! Its the worst of both worlds:

1) Bad Battery Life
    2) Loud Fans
    3) Tearing

wtf!

Its frustrating because other than that.... its a sexy laptop! Everything else is pretty good to great!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  6. Vincent0301

Vincent0301 Newbie

Reputations:

Hello mate, can you tell me what software do you use for see fps, temperature, memory used … in game please ?
    thanks

7. Joshva

Reputations:
    I use:

* Temperatures Intel Extreme Tunining Utility to watch temperatures live or HWInfo and then the "Sensors" area within that. It will show max temperature of each CPU core
    * CPU Test Cinebench R15 or Geekbench 4
    * GPU Test 3D Mark's Firestrike or Timespy <-- You need to purchase these they aren't free
    * FPS monitoring you can use MSI Afterburner. The software is a little clunky to setup FPS monitoring but it works well once you have. It also does temperature monitoring

8. Joshva

Reputations:
    Does anyone else have a high pitched fan noise or is it just me? I don't know whether to swap it for another unit or just get a different machine

9. Vincent0301

Vincent0301 Newbie

Reputations:
    thanks a lot !!!! do you use msi afterburner for overclocking ?

10. Vincent0301

Vincent0301 Newbie

Reputations:
    yeap 230 W