Aorus 15 RTX2070 with 21340 firestrike graphics score

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by xaqutor, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Joshva

Joshva Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What is the display like? Is it bright? Good color reproduction?

2. Joshva

Reputations:
    Would you mind letting me know what the screen is like? I tend to like really bright screens

3. vala4ev

vala4ev Newbie

Reputations:
    I find the screen to be very bright and visible in direct sunlight (thanks to the matte finish). I don't have any color calibrating equipment to measure the color reproduction, but I'm finding the colors very pleasant with nice deep blacks. I hope this helps, I know it's not very scientific...

4. Joshva

Reputations:
    Legend! Thanks. I bought an open box off Newegg. It gets here on Tuesday. I'll let you know what i think. If i'm not happy with it i'm going desktop! I'm getting rather done with gaming laptops. I've bought and returned so many due to random issues

piteris2 and vala4ev like this.
  5. Joshva

Reputations:
    Btw does the 2070 model come with a 230watt power brick? I heard the 2060 only comes with a 180 and it throttles

6. vala4ev

vala4ev Newbie

Reputations:
    Exciting! :D I think you'll quite like it.

Yes, it comes with a 230w power brick. And the brick itself is very compact compared to other power supplies I've seen.

7. Joshva

Reputations:
    Awesome now I'm even more excited. Can't wait till it arrives. I've been using the Alienware 13r3 as my main rig 7700hq and 1060. I do alot of heacy coding and play battlefield 1. I am hoping for a massive improvement :)

8. sisqo_uk

sisqo_uk Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You’ll love it. I had the aw13 r3. Best overall laptop I’ve ever owned with form factor and performance and build quality.
    If they sold one with a 1070 max q. I’d of kept it and skipped the 2000 gen, the aw13 was that good. but I’m assuming your getting the 2060. It’ll run exactly like a 1070.
    I also currently own the aw15 r4 with 1070 and it’s a massive step up in performance.
    Need something similar in size to the aw13 so I’m upgrading/side grading to a smaller laptop with 2070 max q. I just wish it was as impressive as this guys benchmarks results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vala4ev likes this.
  9. vala4ev

vala4ev Newbie

Reputations:
    So in comparison to the 13 r3, the Aorus is quite similar in size, despite being 15.6".
    I'm not sure about the exact dimensions of the Alienware, but the Internet says it's 13 x 10.6 x 0.87 inches (33 x 27 x 2.2cm; W x D x H) and weighs 5.8 pounds (2.6kg). My Aorus 15 X9 is 14.17 x 9.64 x 1.18 inches (36 x 24.5 x 3cm; W x D x H) and weighs 4.87 pounds (2.21kg). Just a word about the height. It's 3cm at the back and 2.5cm at the front of the laptop and that's including the rubber feet (so basically from the surface that it was sitting on, to the top of it)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  10. vala4ev

vala4ev Newbie

Reputations:
    My Acer Predator 15 that I've just sold, had the exact same specs. It's quite capable system.
    I'm a massive Alienware fan btw. I've had an M15x that I upgraded to GTX 970m and 920xm with a 330w brick and a modded power plug (no center pin) that thing was a BEAST, best BIOS in a laptop. Then I had an m17x r2, m17x r3, m17x r4, a couple of m18x r2s ... I actually still have my m17x r2 with the gorgeous RGB LED screen :D They don't make them like that anymore! I miss the old days.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019