]]>

Anyone on this forum speak Chinese?

Discussion in 'Notebook Cosmetic Modifications and Custom Builds' started by TheReciever, Feb 10, 2018.

1. ZKST

ZKST Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It's a pain and I'm getting myself confused..

Because heatsink, heatpipe, fins, fins array and plate all are very similar in chinese and different areas use different ways to say it so I may or may not have said it right..

Heatsink - 散熱器 / 散热片
    Heatpipe - 散热管
    Fins - 散热片/散热鰭/ 鳍片
    Fin Array - 鰭陣列
    Plate - 散熱器板(might sound like laptop cooler pad) / CPU散热器鋁板 (CPU heatsink plate).

Also Heatsink and Heatsink Fins can be both called 散热片. just let me know if he doesn't understand and I'll try to word it up again.

It's all veryyyy confusing. T___T Hope I helped.

A little chinese lesson...
    散熱 = Exhaust Air
    散熱 + 器 = Exhaust Air + Component (What we call Heatsink)
    散熱 + 鰭 = Exhaust Air + Fins (What we call fins)
    散熱 + 片 = Exhaust Air + Fins (What we call fins)
    散熱 + 鰭 + 陣列 = Exhaust Air + Fin + Array (What we call fin array)
    散熱+ 器 + 板 = Exhaust Air + Component + Plate (What we call plate)

But then again, you may simplify it without the 散熱 if the guy knows his stuff. Very much like how we say fin, plate, array etc.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  2. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    Well we shall see! lol I got two messages from him.

Message #1

我明白你的意思。我会试试做一个这样的散热鳍片。我就担心太过靠近风扇叶,会导致风量小了。就跟手枪子弹射出一样的道理。需要一定的距离之后速度才会达到最快。

增加散热鳍片的密度是不行的。这个密度已经是最佳的散热效果了。
    还有今天开始到24号是中国新年,快递都会放假的。

Message #2

还有就是需要增加散热鳍片的长度的话我需要额外制作一个焊接的治具。这是一个大问题。
    我估计你是用4940的CPU。我觉得3管都接触到散热鳍片应该足够了。就跟我拍照片给你看的那样排列。然后再在上面再加2条导热管。也就是全部5条。应该足够了。。

3. ZKST

ZKST Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

4. TheReciever

Reputations:
    Oh dude! I didnt mean for you to translate the earlier two messages from me, it was just for context, im so sorry T.T; thats why I put end message. I should've communicated that better that is my bad, as soon as I am able I will rep again because your doing me a serious solid here.

Begin message:

I understand your concern, but since you confirmed the fin density has been maximized, we have to maximize the mass another way and the only adjustment that can be made is length. Another member here on our forums cut the fan housing on the GPU side to include additional fin array made for dissipating heat from the VRM of the 1070 he installed. He hasnt had any complaints so far. We can try with the fin array you already made and I will just buy another if it doesnt work out well.

I forgot about stacking heatpipes. If we can get 6 pipes I think that would be the best for keep heat spikes to a minimum. I am trying to keep temperatures about +/- 3-4C across all cores. That is why I am stressing 4 heatpipes in uniform despite the risks it may present in other areas.

And like I said before if it doesnt work well I am willing to purchase another heatsink with your suggested strategy, but yes you guessed correctly, I have the 4930mx CPU and am trying to see how far I can take it in my system.

Is it possible to extend the plate to cover the last VRM? the plate currently only covers 2 VRMs with its current design. I dont mind if its welded or doesnt look pretty.

I have some affinity with Korea so yeah I had guessed that you will likely be away from work during that time, no worries here.

End message.

@ZKST

Thank you again, serious solid here and sorry about not communicating the above well enough.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  5. ZKST

ZKST Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Apologies, I was gone for the day ;)

6. TheReciever

Reputations:
    No problem at all man. Thanks a a lot!

7. ZKST

ZKST Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Cheers mate, I'll try my best to reply but I'll be gone for the week till 20th for Lunar New Year as well ;)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

8. TheReciever

Reputations:
    Awesome thanks for the heads up ;)

9. bennyg

bennyg Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I've ordered a mobo through PM's direct from China without knowing characters outside numbers

I found I could google translate, then reverse translate back to English to see how mangled it got. Then adjust language so it ends up as similar as possible.

Simplifying the language tends to yield better results. Short simple one phrase sentences.

alexhawker likes this.