]]>

Anyone on this forum speak Chinese?

Discussion in 'Notebook Cosmetic Modifications and Custom Builds' started by TheReciever, Feb 10, 2018.

1. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    I am in talks with an ebay seller that is making me a custom heatsink for the AW17 R1.

I feel though, that because I am being really detailed in what I am asking for, some of what I am saying is being lost in translation. The ebay seller is based in China, and am assuming his native tongue is Mandarin.

Is there anyone on the forum we know that speaks Chinese?

@Papusan @Mr. Fox @Prema @MahmoudDewy @Striker1234 @t456 @Nomad @Phoenix @Falkentyne @bennyg @Meaker@Sager @Dr. AMK @sicily428 @hmscott @Khenglish

Thanks in advance guys

I am hoping to find someone that can translate what I am trying to convey so the seller than understand and lessen any frustration involved. So far he has been very cooperative and I dont want to sully that lol

Striker1234 and Mr. Fox like this.
  2. Papusan

Papusan BGABOOKS = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    Maybe @ZKST can help. See this thread forum.notebookreview.com/threads/the-official-msi-gt75vr-owners-and-discussions-lounge

TheReciever and Mr. Fox like this.
  3. ZKST

ZKST Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Mr. Fox, TheReciever and Papusan like this.
  4. TheReciever

Reputations:
    Well I was wondering if its possible to translate the following:

Is it possible to increase the fin density in the radiator/exhaust? (increase the number of fins in the radiator / fin array / exhaust) (Im not sure what term he is familiar with.)

One of the main issues of cooling the laptop is the mass in the fin array cant hold the heat for the air to carry out of the system.

For the 4th pipe, would it be good enough to only make contact with half of the pipe, so you can maintain most of the airflow generated from the fan? (reducing the amount need to be cut from the fan housing)

Also I have 10.4 CFM fan from M14x R2 which generates much more airflow than the stock Alienware 17 R1 CPU fan.

End message.

Hes been really cool so far. He already made one heatsink so if he cant make the above requests Ill just try my luck with it and buy it from him and see if I cant mod the rest of it on my own.

Here was my original message to him, and it seems most of it was lost in translation but he did pick up on a few things. Which by all means ill take lol.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Message #1

Its been a while, I am interested in buying another heatsink for the CPU and GPU but I was curious about if you would be willing to make a couple of changes to what your offering.

I will provide a couple of links to show what I would like because they have lots of pictures to make this a little easier to understand. So the first link is to display the CPU heatsink.

http://alienware-forum.de/index.php/Thread/7254-AW17-R1-CPU-GPU-Heatsink-Pipe-Mod/

The other request would be to extend the length of the fin array so the inner heatpipe could also make contact with the fin array.

In the link above, in post number #3, the picture labeled as 1 (28).jpg you see that one of the VRM's is not covered by the plate. I think it would be best to have this covered so that all VRM's are actively cooled.

I would love to buy this from you if you can manufacture it. However there is one huge problem with this modification. Your product kind of fixes this by using a copper fin array as opposed to aluminum that Dell uses. So here is my question in response to that problem. Would you be able to increase the number of fins? I will provide an example of this below.

https://imgur.com/a/urzP8

That last modification attempts to fix the lack of mass for the heat to go to, to be displaced by the air moving through the exhaust (fin array)

I think this will provide the best possible heatsink for this laptop. I know there would be others that would purchase something like this. I know the laptops frame will have to be cut in order for this to work and I will tell you now that I have no problem with this. Also those that would be interested in this heatsink wouldnt have a problem with cutting into the frame to make this fit appropriately.

Next would be the GPU heatsink which ill include in the next message. I am at the character limit for this message.

Message #2

Here is the GPU heatsink modification in the link below:

http://alienware-forum.de/index.php...=2&s=01207b00be0ba60888c6dc089cb8ffc97f26e5eb

This modification uses the same method as the CPU. As a result has the same short comings that can be fixed with the methods I mentioned in the previous message. Add additional fins to increase fin density, and also extending the length of the fins so that the additional heatpipe can make contact with the fin array.

So here is the ultimate question!

Would you be willing to manufacture this, and if so, how much do you think you would charge for this?

If you you are not willing to manufacture this, can you offer reasons to why you cant? Would there be anything I can provide to help produce something like this?

Also Ill add one more thing. If you are willing to manufacture custom heatsinks for various laptops (given there is enough demand and profit of course), there would be a good market for that from NotebookReview since there is a large following of elite hobbyist.

There is almost no one who can make these for laptops, you are the only one I know that has stated you can design and manufacture heatsinks and I think you can REALLY monopolize the performance laptop market as there is a huge demand to increase the cooling on their laptops so they can push their laptops to their real potential.

Let me know what you think, really looking forward to working with you on this in the near future.

Thanks for your time!

And of course guys, if my terms are wrong or information incorrect please feel free to correct.

Im sure seller and myself would like to get through this one time LOL

LAST EDIT I SWEAR:

He was overjoyed at the idea of someone being able to translate into Chinese (Im guessing Mandarin?) as he has admitted he isnt great with English, just good enough to be able to maintain his ebay store I guess. Not knockin the guy though, he can make heatsinks, he's basically the only way I can get a badass heatsink for my Ranger lol Makes him cool in my book.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    Mr. Fox likes this.
  5. TheReciever

Reputations:
    This was his last message to me just now:

By the way,if you need 4pipes I can to it too.
    Check the photo.but I think it not good. And not easy.
    Because I had made broken more.check the last photo.

s-l1600.jpg s-l16001.jpg s-l16002.jpg s-l16003.jpg s-l16004.jpg

I am guessing the problem he is running into is bending the heatpipe? So maybe he is using a template for making those as well?

It looks like he can easily do 3 flat heatpipes (not stacked) but I am trying to get 4, with more fin density and fin length (to make contact with the 4th pipe) and thats where the trouble seems to begin

6. ZKST

ZKST Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I've simplified as best as i can.

7. ZKST

ZKST Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You can get him to send it in chinese and I'll translate for oyu too.

TheReciever and Papusan like this.
  8. TheReciever

Reputations:

Thanks man appreciate it, ill relay the message

9. Striker1234

Striker1234 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Good job!

Maybe he can create an all-cooper heatsink for the Pascal ones...

10. ZKST

ZKST Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    GEEZ BUDDY, that's a loooooong message.