1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

anyone know how to turn off the origin auto-start?

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by londez, Sep 29, 2011.

1. londez

londez Notebook Evangelist

When I installed Origin, I didn't un-check the box that makes origin start when when my computer boots up and I can't find it in settings. Any one know what I'm overlooking?

2. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Brain size of a planet...

Click the Gear in upper right top (next to "?") --> Settings --> Scroll down (General Tab) and an option is there to deactivate it.

3. londez

londez Notebook Evangelist

Duh, I totally missed the scroll bar. Thanks!

4. Baka

Baka (・ω・)

Baka is intrigued on how well origin runs so far ._. Is it very similar to steam or does it feel inferior/superior in any way?

5. Shobster

Shobster Notebook Consultant

Inferior, but only because it's new. It feels more restricted than Steam, and given that it only supports 1 developer. -_-

6. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Brain size of a planet...

Given that they use Battlefrog, I disapprove. EA's just full of suits with more money than sense and probably thinks C++ is a bad grade.

7. Mjolner

Mjolner Notebook Evangelist

That is why I only program in A++.

Origin right now is basically just a somewhat annoying way to play the BF3 beta. It has nowhere near the breadth of steam (obviously) in terms of games and It probably never will. The biggest issue isn't origin, but the battlelog crap that EA is forcing down our throats.