Anyone in India that provides repasting and repadding services like iunlock?

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by abhay4sengars, Apr 2, 2018.

1. abhay4sengars

abhay4sengars Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I am going to do that. I am studying law myself so yes if I have to go to consumer forum, I won't hesitate.

Update @rinneh @Vasudev @VICKYGAMEBOY @Vistar Shook @Altairwarz @Mobius 1
    I had a talk again today with the Manager. I had shown him the screenshots where the average temps were reaching above 93C and also brought his attention to the fact that the cores were not running at stock speeds. He agreed and said that he will order a replacement for Heatsink and Motherboard and said that these parts will be refurbished.
    I think getting them to accept it is kind of a victory.:D
    But what I want to ask is, will the refurbished parts be any better? Since what I feel is that most of the outdated machines are sent to India, so maybe the parts are also the same. I don't want an old heatsink (the CCI version that came with the first batch). What do you guys feel about the refurbished parts?

2. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    no because the entire design is inherently flawed

3. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    No parts are ing eneral refurbished I believe and this is hearsay that they mark parts as refurbished due to tax laws etc? Not sure but in Europe when they ship out parts they are always new and sealed. Check if the heatsink come with thermal paste pre-applied. You will know for sure its new then (probably with plastic sheets on top of it.

Also ask them to use paste of your choice. Try to get some higher end Gelid paste, Kryonaut or something like that. Not ICD7 which has too much viscosity and these heatsinks cannot spread the paste that well with the pressure they apply.

4. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Refurb doesn't really mean its second hand or used junk. Its their marketing trick even I fell for it. After I was fed up I repaired and repasted it myself.
    I am using their refurb heatsink with 0 issues.
    Like @rinneh said, its due to company policy.

Vistar Shook likes this.
  5. abhay4sengars

Reputations:
    Good to hear that.

Vistar Shook and Vasudev like this.
  6. dm477

dm477 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    That's quite the experience you had. Dell UK replaced my display unit (webcam issue), heatsink and the motherboard (because of temperatures shooting up to 90C under normal work load), rear panel, and keyboard. And that only took one call with their rep! And I bought a refurbished system off Dell Outlet here. For all practical purposes, I am running a new system! I am super impressed with their customer service. In comparison, Dell India seems to be a complete pain in the neck to deal with.

I am using the same system in India right now, and my temperatures never go above 50C under normal work load (Chrome with a dozen or so tab, solidworks, a couple of excel and word documents) and TS has all cores locked at 3.2. And when I turn on the ac, I do see the temperatures dropping between 40-45C. And I am running it without the cooler, as it is too cumbersome to lug around so I left it at home in UK.

Vasudev likes this.
  7. abhay4sengars

Reputations:
    Do you have the same model as mine? If yes then, why have you locked all your cores to 3.2 GHz. It should work well even with all cores at 4 GHz.

Vistar Shook likes this.
  8. dm477

dm477 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have the AW 13 and not the 15 or 17 version. 13 only comes with 7700HQ. You will find the configuration in my sig.

Vasudev likes this.
  9. abhay4sengars

Reputations:
    Ok. I am on my phone right now so couldn't see the signature.

Vistar Shook and Vasudev like this.
  10. VICKYGAMEBOY

VICKYGAMEBOY Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    you cannot compare the TDP of 13 with Maxed 17... even a bump of 30W can do a big temp differences on different ambients .. but yes indian DELL is pretty stingy when it comes for replacement, not all cases tho.. some techs are good and kind and straight away forward our cases to the higher management, after all they have to get it approved it from their bosses, who are the big culprits here.. laws works differntly in different country..

dm477, Vistar Shook and Vasudev like this.