Anyone here with an E90?

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by H.A.L. 9000, Oct 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. H.A.L. 9000

H.A.L. 9000 Occam's Chainsaw

Reputations:
    Like the thread title implies... Anyone here with any BMW experience? I have a 2003 330i E46 and I've been thinking about trading for a 335i of the E90 variety, and I was wondering what anyone thinks about the new designs. My 330i is an exceptionally well built car, and I've NEVER found another transmission like the E46 Steptronic. My Camero's transmission is abominable comparatively speaking, and oddly enough torque curve wise. I haven't driven a 335i yet, but I have an appointment for next week for lunch and a test drive.

2. TofuTurkey

TofuTurkey Married a Champagne Mango

Reputations:
    I have an E92 335, it's very very good. If your place doesn't snow, go for the i, not xi. Get the sports package for the suspension. Also, consider the fact that the 3-series don't come with spare tires, they use run-flats. Which are expensive. And, the performance tires that come with the sport package lose traction close to freezing point.

If you go for a European car, you might want to look into European Delivery. I hear BMW's great, the experience is unique. Also, it reduces the price of the car.

Check out bimmerfest.com, there's a great deal of info there.

Personally I think the coupe/convertible looks way better than the sedan :) But I think there's way too many of them on the roads these days. When I first drove mine, I remember it used to draw so much attention :eek:

The twin-turbo had this fuel-pump issue which hits a portion of the vehicles. I don't know if the latest single-turbo got rid of that issue...

3. H.A.L. 9000

Reputations:
    I couldn't wait. I went today and drove one. LOVED IT. Just that in my model I had my steptronic reversed so that pulling toward me would bring it down a gear, so getting used to the other way around is going to mean lots of weird gear changes for a while..lol. Whoever gets my 330i is going to be very happy. :) It has the GM transmission instead of the ZF, and the transmission oil and filter were changed at 103,000 miles. Funny, the E90 sedan comes with a full size spare with matching alloy rim! I got a black 335i with a couple of extras... Rims being one. Love the rims! And my gosh, this car will MOVE. I see speeding tickets in my immediate future. :( Here's a picture...

[​IMG]

4. TofuTurkey

TofuTurkey Married a Champagne Mango

Reputations:
    The dealership must have added the full-size spare. It must take up quite a bit of space in the trunk :eek: I have a thin spare but it would be great if there's space under the trunk for that...

Don't drive like a d*ck now :p

5. H.A.L. 9000

Reputations:
    LOL.. Yea, it does. They gave me the trunk straps to hold it in place, actually. And like you said, the run-flats were standard with the upgraded rims. So, I'm thinking I'll just take the spare out. I've never been more than 5mi from some kind of repair shop. I don't usually leave civilization. :rolleyes: Anyways, it's making the Camero look bad. I should have waited for the RS-SS with a stick, that I wanted in the first place instead of getting the loaded RS-V6 auto. I'm regretting it big time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.