Anyone else has critters in their ride?

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by LIVEFRMNYC, Sep 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LIVEFRMNYC

LIVEFRMNYC Blah Blah Blah!!!

Reputations:
    I have spiders in my car. Sometimes when I open the door in the morning to head to work, I feel a thin single piece of web. And once I felt it when I put my hand near the rear view mirror. I never seen a spider inside dead or alive, but the other day I noticed webs at the corner of my head lamps and the left one had tiny dead spiders in it.

BTW: I do keep my car extremely clean inside.

Here are pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. booboo12

booboo12 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    My one friend had a spiders nest in her Yaris. Fast forward to a few months later and when she turned on the AC a bunch of baby spiders flew out the vents.

She stripped out the entire interior and bug bombed it + took apart the dash and cleaned out the vents/ducting.

3. LIVEFRMNYC

LIVEFRMNYC Blah Blah Blah!!!

Reputations:
    OMG ...... I hope mine isn't that serious. Never had anything fly out my AC vents so far. Hopefully the cold weather soon to come will kill any live spiders in my ride.

4. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    Ugh that is gross. I've had like bees fly into my car when the windows were rolled down during the summer. I've seen one dead beetle in my rear windows which I promptly removed.

5. PatchySan

PatchySan Om Noms Kit Kat

Reputations:
    I used to find spiders setting up home in my wing mirror. Every morning I find a cobweb on it with a resident only to get destroyed by the oncoming winds while i'm drive but the cycle repeats every day. It only stops when I take it for a wash with a hose at the wing mirror that moves the spider away.

Most annoying critters would be moths, flying ants and flies inside, eurrgh you're trying to drive only to get dive bombed at by flying rodents. Ladybirds however i'm cool with as they smart enough to move on by themselves when I leave the window open for them. Not much so for the others... numpties.

6. Sodium

Sodium Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    if theres a spider inside my car im gonna freak, i Fing hate spiders

7. booboo12

booboo12 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:

Guess what?..........there is one! :D

8. JOSEA

JOSEA NONE

Reputations:
    OP i would check the area between the doors and the frame, I once found a small wasp nest in that area on my Dad's Impala.
    BTW is the car a toyota mr2 spyder ? :eek: Sorry I could not resist.

9. H.A.L. 9000

H.A.L. 9000 Occam's Chainsaw

Reputations:
    OMG. That's what I've come to love from my car. It's like it's hermetically sealed when turned off and the doors shut.

I did have some bugs right past the outer seal of the back passenger side door though... ants if I remember correctly. Flying ants. When I opened the door they flew everywhere.

10. Kaelang

Kaelang Requires more Witcher.

Reputations:
    I had a spider setting up camp between my mirror and window, but got him. Haven't had any cobwebs popping up since, even though I did find a flattened spider between the weather seals on the door the other day. He got what was coming to him. How dare he try to get into my car.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.