Anybody know of a custom shop that can do something like this?

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by Tsunade_Hime, Dec 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    I wonder if you would be able to find a shop that could do the modification and keep the drivetrain warranty intact? I heard about situations with the mega cab where shops extended the bed into a long bed and were able to keep the warranty via an agreement with Dodge/a Dodge dealer.

2. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    Yeah 2 of the shops I looked at actually buy the trucks from a Dodge/Ford dealer and you keep the factory warranty.

3. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    Do you have any prices from these shops for doing a 2014 RAM 1500 with the diesel? If you do it then you better drive out to Utah and give me a ride. ;) :D

4. Tsunade_Hime

Reputations:
    The average was about 23k for the 6 door conversion (you provide the truck) or around like 45-50k for a converted new truck.

5. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    What kind of trim level are they quoting you on the converted truck? Surely its not a diesel. They can easily cost 45-50k without a conversion. Just going with a quad cab short bed SLT with the Cummins puts me at a quoted price of $45,520. Pretty sure thats about as cheap as you can price them out on their website. I know you can get them cheaper but not 23k cheaper.

6. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    Second that, don't go with the long bed. Do a short bed with the 6 door conversion. That will restore some of the driveability (long trucks are a pain to drive). Plus it should lower the price some.

20K sounds about right for the cost of the conversion alone.

7. Tsunade_Hime

Reputations:
    It said starting price, so I'm assuming base model. To convert it starts at 23-24k.

The whole point of getting a super duty was to get the long bed. I despise short bed trucks, might as well just get a large cargo van. I currently drive their Express 3500 with the extended passenger, so driving a long truck isn't any different. Actually it should be a little bit easier (They have a DVD player, blocks rear view anyway).

8. radji

Reputations:
    I thought the primary purpose of this was a people and freight hauler. What would you need the long bed for?

9. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    4x8 sheets of plywood. A whole bunk of them. ;)

That would be a very long truck. I believe a megacab is about 22 feet long, which is the same length as a standard double cab long bed. Adding in the extra 2-3 feet for another door would make it big.

10. radji

Reputations:
    What would Tsuname use it for. I know what you would do with it. I can even imagine the screams it will make when you try forcing it to to pull 15'000 lbs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.