Any Windows user switched to Mac only?

Discussion in 'Apple and Mac OS X' started by Ultra Male, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    It’s a bit of a Catch 22: A dev shop is not going to want to spend time and money porting an existing Windows app (or creating a new macOS app) when they don’t see themselves making up the costs and some profit, and people won’t buy macOS machines in enough numbers because of the lack of software (compared to Windows).

Apple could work towards solving this Catch 22 by paying more attention to macOS (right now it seems they mostly only care about mobile and iOS) and releasing more, cheaper machines (like Walmart cheap) to push the OS share up. But that’s highly likely never to happen.

Aroc likes this.
  2. childprotectorofthenight

childprotectorofthenight Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I know this is an old post, but an answer for your question. I'm working on set all the time and can confirm most people use Apple or wait for it...Alienware. The power/repair service would be the main reasons behind it. Both manufactures have best in class when an issue arises if you have Applecare/Dell onsite repair. When you're working on a $100 million plus movie or expensive show, you can't afford to be without a laptop for more than a couple days. The only difference is Dell taking forever on the phone. Probably why most people have a Mac.

3. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Try Dell Precision, Hp ProBook or Lenovo Thinkpad W/P series with complete coverage w/ NBD. You have better Linux and Windows 7/10 support as well minus the huge cost.

4. shengna

shengna Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I will buy a macbook pro 15'' 2018 from best buy and test it. If I'm not used to it then I will return it.