Any Windows user switched to Mac only?

Discussion in 'Apple and Mac OS X' started by Phoenix, Mar 16, 2018.

1. z31fanatic

z31fanatic Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    For everyday personal computing I switched from Windows to macOS about two and a half years ago. Not because I think macOS is superior, it's because I really have come to love Macbooks (and 5k iMacs :D) and the integration of my iphone with the Macs is very convenient and works very well.
    I do have an external SSD with W10 running on my iMac because the CAD/CAM software I use is not available on Mac.

2. Raidriar

Raidriar Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    How you type on that keyboard, I don't know. I wanted to throw the macbook I was issued at work straight into the garbage and go back to my old thinkpad

electrosoft, Phoenix and Vasudev like this.
  3. RicardoTeixeira

RicardoTeixeira Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi Phoenix. I did that 15 years ago. Life on MacOS was easier. But since Steve Jobs left Apple seems to be completely lost. Tons of problems with hardware and also software.

Today I am returning to Windows for good. Buying a new PC and that's it.

4. electrosoft

electrosoft Tick Tock Clarice....

Reputations:
    This.

I was issued a Macbook Pro 15 2016 from a client and the keyboard was just trash. The spacebar gave out then the Q then the spacebar again. Two top Bezel replacements and eventually they were able to get me a 2017 model which is just as bad in regards to travel and feel. I eventually was able to convince them to let me use a 2015 ("why do you want to use older hardware??" "Because the nMBP keyboards are the worst I've ever used on a laptop....ever" "Oh".) simply for the keyboard.

If I end up having to go back to a 2016/2017 (their cost not mine), I will find a way to get a small, compact portable keyboard I can attach some rear elevation on and place it over the Macbook keyboard airspace. That keyboard is simply terrible. I still use an Apple Extended Keyboard II for home and work.

Apple's nMBP 2016/2017 keyboards make Clevo's keyboard feel like mechanical bliss in comparison.

Don't get me started on the TouchFail.....

Apple - We want everybody to type on a iOS touchscreen so we'll slowly transition you to it with each passing laptop

RicardoTeixeira and Vasudev like this.
  5. kojack

kojack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I tried to switch 3 times. Each time I came to the same conclusion. 1. Hardware is no where near what you get with a windows based system. 2. MacOS is a horrible OS for user friendliness. 3. Besides the usual "fluff" like imessage, facetime, and garage band, Windows 10 is a much better OS, plus you get touch, pen, and a variety of devices that are better. Now with dell mobile connect, imessage is a non issue for me as I get all my imessages from my iPhone on my dell computer.

Bring on the hate! :p

6. boricuafly

boricuafly Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I got both. Macbook Pro 13 Touchbar for everyday use and a Clevo PDM3 for gaming.