1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Any way to control fan speed?

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by aksama, Feb 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aksama

aksama Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    My CPU hits 80C all the time, and my fan is never on on the side of my computer, I was hoping there was some sort of thing which could turn it on with a bit more effeciency, or one where I could just juice it to 50-100%, I have an Acer Travelmate 4670, if you need anything else to tell me what kind of program or something just ask! Thanks.

2. Airman

Airman Band of Gypsys NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
  3. aksama

aksama Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    So if that doesn't work there's nothing I can do? I mean, it's ridiculous, my CPU gets up to like 80-90C, and the fan doesn't come on, that seems like an enormous hardware flaw or something, I just wanna make sure

4. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies TG Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I'd strongly suggest getting a cooling pad for that computer, 80 - 90*C is very hot compared to any laptops I've seen.

What CPU do you have by the way? If it's a Pentium M you can try the undervolting section of the cooling guide. There are two cooling pad reviews in there too.