Any upgrades coming for the MBP?

Discussion in 'Apple and Mac OS X' started by iMbaQ, Dec 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iMbaQ

iMbaQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    i7, or even the arrandale i7? A better mid-ranged GPU too maybe.. Any rumours at all?

2. RogueMonk

RogueMonk Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    There are always rumours and there are always upgrades coming. That's how the tech world works. Buy today and you are obsolete a year later. It doesn't matter if you buy now or later, it will be outdated soon.

Anything solid, no. But if you go with the patterns, there will likely be a refresh in Q2 of 2010.

3. iMbaQ

iMbaQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You are correct - though we must admit the current specs of the macbook pro's are pretty out of date. You get C2D and 9600 GT - while other laptops are already on i7's (some even on desktop i7's clocking 3.33ghz) and up to 4870/280 SLI, with newer GPU's coming into January.

Not that I expect a MCP to have the top of the line GPU as it isn't intended to be a gaming laptop, but would be nice for it to have either i7, or at least the arrandale i7 - it would be a huge leap - and I won't have to worry about another leap for at least 2 years (for the 22nm processor anyway ;)) Also, going to something even like an ATI 4670+ would be nice, from its current position.

4. blabus

blabus Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yeah, they are lacking a bit in the processor department, but with the GPU you have to keep in mind heat and space limitations- those laptops with 280 SLIs aren't .75" thick. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.