Any owners of the new P51 here?

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by jefflackey, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Fluffyfurball

Fluffyfurball Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I think Lenovo may have fixed the cooling issues after the initial batches. Mine will max out at 82 degrees C for the CPU (Xeon 1535M). Apart from a bluescreen due to an outdated Intel graphics driver I have been happy with it. I wanted the P71 with its Pascal graphics to game a bit on, but the P51 with screen digitizer was essential for my uses. I just got a Sonnet eGPU for it, so I will see how that goes.

2. Jeezo

Jeezo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yep i've read it , basically years ago i email you guyz trying to make you consider Audio Pro in your reviews ,and add DPC latency , emphasis in noise emmision and latency mon ...witch was systematically done soon after , so for that i can't be enougth thankfull ...that said , the results varies a lot from what i can test on my own , basically my take on this like a tell my students is : if latency mon is ok, , go for it , if not that deosn't mean truth ...

So going back on the P51 , i have a friend that tested the P50 and it's full green , and according to notebookcheck , the P51 isn't no more suited for audio / real time streaming , that's why i come over here to ask several people and the sinthesis the results !!

I tested the MSI for exemple on saturday witch is exelennt in this aspect ,

Another thing that i would love to see in test procedure is a WPrime half of the core to simuate a 50 % load , switch to intel GPU , and thermal results and emission in this scenarios witch is cloes to running the laptop on a real DAW scenarios during mixing ...

Thks