1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Any Other ASUS NX90JQ Owners?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Texsinbad, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Texsinbad

Texsinbad Notebook Enthusiast

I downloaded an update for my BIOS 207, but when I tried to open it, I get a message that this is a Type 207 file and cannot be opened.

How can I update my BIOS? Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. Texsinbad

It sometimes feels like I send these messages out into a vacuum because I usually don't get any replies.

Oh well, this information is just for owners of the ASUS NX 90 computers. I ordered and received today a computer bag from:

BigBadBags - Large Computer Bags Specially Built for Big 18, 19, 20 inch plus Laptops - Oversized - Black | Oversized Laptop Bags | BigBadBags

It is a company in Canada, and I was very concerned that the bag would not be big enough. Thankfully, it is. The computer just fits, but it does fit.

The price was $64.99 plus $20 shipping. It took about a week or so.

It looks like a very nice bag with several pockets.

3. JOSEA

JOSEA NONE

BIOS should not be updated from windows- save the BIOS file on a fat32 formatted USB stick (at the root is the best position), then boot to the BIOS (F2 shortly after power on) and use the flash tool built into the BIOS, avoid winflash - some have bricked their machines using it.
    See Step 2 option A. Updating BIOS with EasyFlash
    in this thread (but ignore the F4 references)
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus/174395-bios-update-guide-asus-notebooks.html#sec:easyflash
    If you are having an issue that the BIOS update addresses, go for it. If you are not having any issues, no need to flash -.

4. Texsinbad

After many weeks and numerous emails, ASUS has now put the TV Antenna and TV Antenna Adapter on their eStore for sale:

ASUS eStore

These are two of the missing components some of us did not receive with our computer. The other one is the Cable Feed Adapter. I think that we are SOL there.

Dan

5. againstacedia

againstacedia Newbie

Hi, I bought a refurbished NX90jq-B1 recently. The laptop looks new but I'm having trouble with the left trackpad because it won't scroll up and down the page with two fingers. I was able to scroll up and down briefly when I re-installed the driver but it's not working again. The right trackpad is fine. Any suggestion to fix the problem? Thanks.