Any IPad generation 6 tips?

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets' started by gimpy1, Oct 29, 2020.

1. gimpy1

gimpy1 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Looking for any suggestions for getting an inexpensive (I guess that means something other than apple:)) pen or stylus for the iPad 6th generation? Everything I’ve googled comes up with pens and stylus’ for drawing and writing notes, etc. That is not what I am looking for. I’m looking for something that can be used like my finger—clicking on something and opening it up or click and drag, etc. I want one that I can use to navigate on and around the screen. I’m trying to keep it under $20-30?

Any suggestions?
    Thx.

2. pressing

pressing Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @kojack - when we had problems with a iPad randomly opening stuff it was to misaligned touch screen (after changing a battery. We removed the screen, reinstalled, and had no issues afterwards.

Not saying your problem is not the bloating iOS, but could be a hardware issue.

3. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I would tend to agree with you @pressing but my apple store is not on the main screen of my ipad. its like 4 screens over. But maybe. Great excuse to get a new surface pro X though! ha ha ha.

4. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Look at www.imore.com They had an article there recently testing a cheaper apple pencil.

gimpy1 likes this.
  5. gimpy1

gimpy1 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just a quick update on getting a cheapish pen. I did order and received the pen yesterday and have been using it on my iPad. Seems to work fine for my use, so far. As an added bonus, I found that it also works on my android phone.
    When I ordered this the other day, I also ordered a case for the iPad. The plastic part of the old case (that actually held the iPad) had cracked and broken and had several sharp points on it. I like to read the iPad in a portrait fitting, and this case does adjust to that (along with horizontal mode).

i did buy, as is my custom, on the cheap side ($37) shipped for the two of them.

Although not the best, I am happy with the purchase, after one day’s use.:)

kojack likes this.
  6. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I have a UAG case on my ipad. I had a few cheap ones that cracked so I bought that and have been happy with the case since purchase....the iPad, not so much.