Any information on the new Clevo P7x0ZM?

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Fluffy_Raptor, Nov 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blacky

Blacky Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Interesting turn of events. However i think the most important part is still the display. CPU wise most of us won't really notice a difference. For instance the laptop I have at work has low power Haswell dual core CPU. I really can't feel that at anytime it lagged me behind. Still, I would love to have a laptop with a desktop CPU that weighted under 4 kg / 9 pounds.

2. LoneSyndal

LoneSyndal Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    For me, I am constantly forcing excel sheets to reload data every 15 seconds to repopulate information (more than 10 tabs featuring graphs, 200+ datapoints per tab) on multiple production lines while looking at CAD drawings, managing a database, ect. I like very snappy performance and tend to see slowdowns being a great pain. The workstation laptop I am provided barely handles two tabs before if freezes. The P150EM takes about 3 minutes to load the first two excels.

My desktop at home loads the same data in a minute using the i5-4670K...

You can see the trend if I slap the 4790K in there.

jaybee83 likes this.
  3. Blacky

Blacky Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    @LoneSyndal you are more of an exception.

4. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    exception number two right here! also handling 40-50 excel sheets at once with thousands upon thousands of data points each while having to do non-linear regressional fitting of enzyme kinetic curves on a daily basis! ;)

btw blacky, mysn is gonna offer 3K/4K displays in matte :)

5. D2 Ultima

D2 Ultima Livestreaming Master

Reputations:
    Wait till you see me. As far as I'm concerned, when streaming, if my CPU is under 80% workload i'm not compressing enough. XD

6. Blacky

Blacky Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    They only have 15 inch 3k and 4k. I need 17 inch.

I know what you mean in regards of CPU power. My VMs would also love more CPU power. But when it comes down to it. I am aware that I can manage just fine with my 940xm . but for most people and games as well. Even a haswell dual core is fine.
    What I am trying to say is that the market for laptops with extreme performance is very small and most of us interested in it, you can find on this forum.

Hence why there is no strong focus on laptops with desktop CPUs. Apart from Clevo, I don't think there is any other. Company manking them and the market is probably not big enough for 2 anyway.

But when it comes to screen real estate, a lot more people would benefit from it.

7. Mr Najsman

Mr Najsman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I just wanna play Planetside 2 without being cpu-bound for once :p

8. Samot

Samot Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Great!

Manufacturers? Models?

9. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    no info given yet, since the preorder page doesnt officially exist yet :p check the batcave for updates, ill make sure to post there once anything comes up ;)

10. LightningPL

LightningPL Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi folks good news,
    My local reseller in Poland - BLUEMOBILITY (www.bluemobility.pl) released photos of NEW king of performance CLEVO P771ZM:

P771ZM-1_bm1a.jpg

Check this out: P771ZM PREORDER - BLUEMOBILITY.pl
    You can also place PREORDER and see full specification of this model, differences to the model P751ZM are very simple: instead of a LTE/3G internal modem new P771ZM has powerful subwoofer on the bottom.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.