Any indication as to when the MSI GT75VR Titan will be showing up?

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Enkeixpress, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Enkeixpress

Enkeixpress Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    While I'm interested in seeing how MSI have improved things in the new and upcoming GT75VR model, I decided to purchase the GT73VR 7RF-286UK yesterday evening at a price of £2599.97. That's with the i7 7820HK, GTX 1080, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 512GB SSD (2x 256GB SuperRAID), & 1TB hard drive. 1080p 120Hz screen. Along with three years of standard MSI manufacturer warranty.

I suppose I could have waited until the GT75VR eventually releases but to be honest, there's really not that many improvements between the two, at least not in my eyes. And I'm more than happy with what the GT73VR offers with the i7 7820HK & GTX 1080. I also am not a patient enough person to simply wait for this new model to arrive. Thankfully I managed to get the required amount of money saved up, and pulled the trigger in purchasing this super-powerful machine.

Of course like many others with their GT73VR laptop purchases, I won't rest until I receive a system with zero defects. That is I don't want there to be any dead pixels or severe light bleed with the laptop's screen once it's arrived. So if I have to, I shall return units until I receive a "perfect" unit. Hopefully I get lucky and receive a decent unit that'll work as intended, and arrive in "brand new" condition and I can enjoy lots of interference-free high-end gaming while maintaining the machine for years to come.

Grizzly13ear likes this.
  2. superguy25

superguy25 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Actually, this started with the GT72S. MSI took the features of the GT72 and put them in the 72S first, and added the unlocked CPU and mobile workstation chipset. They didn't need to remove some things like the hardware GPU switch in the GT72 to distinguish it from the 72S. I remember looking at the GT72 and thinking "wait - where did that feature go?"

MSI has already had the tiers long established. It didn't need to "promote" the GE series to the GT level. GT has been the high end for years, with the GE being mid tier, GS being the slim tier (generally between GE and GT), then you have the cheaper GP and GL lines. I'm all for revamping the GE series and improving it, but I think they muddied the waters at the the GE/GT boundary. I think it would have made more sense to get rid of either the GP or GL lines, then step up the game a bit in the GE and GT lines.

Now, it looks like more versions are starting to trickle out - there are sub-2k versions out now. Before, Xotic only had ones starting in the 2000-2100 range which was a bit high - especially with no Thunderbolt IMO. I think the GE revamp allows them to try to charge more for the GT series without having to do as much to improve them.

True. I think that's a bit optimistic, though. I'd expect it more like $2399-2499, or possibly even $2599. It's getting more GT83 features, so I think it'll be positioned higher, and be the "smaller" flagship below the GT83VR.

The general trend I see with gaming laptops is they're getting more expensive - not cheaper. I understand OEMs wanting to outdo each other for the best high end stuff, but the vast majority of people either can't afford them or won't buy the ultra high-end they're focused on now. In many cases, I don't think the extra features they're adding justifies the amount they're hiking prices.

Midas Touch likes this.
  3. Midas Touch

Midas Touch Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It's worth the wait, every new features is a big improvement, my next gaming laptop if Clevo doesn't have anything new to offer by that time. One year of waiting for a new line up of laptops to come out and finally getting rid of my GT80S.

It's a very expensive toy.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    Grizzly13ear likes this.
  4. Midas Touch

Reputations:
    LOL, drivers already out for this model, we'll probably see a pre-order next week or first week of August.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    hmscott likes this.
  5. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    The product page is on the Canada and German MSI sites, but still not in their GT product finder...nothing in the US site.

GT75VR 7RF-035CA TITAN PRO 4K
    https://ca.msi.com/Laptop/GT75VR-7RF-035CA-Titan-Pro-4K.html#hero-overview

6. Midas Touch

Reputations:
    hmscott likes this.
  7. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    That's why you post the link you find, google couldn't find a US product page... :)

Do you see other MSI product listings that you know have G-sync, show G-sync on their product page?

I thought MSI took out all the G-sync references from product pages.

8. Midas Touch

Reputations:
    When I click download it redirect me to this: https://www.msi.com/front_404#!type=download

Oh well. :rolleyes:

hmscott likes this.
  9. PredatoR_TR

PredatoR_TR Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    When you have 120hz screen and 3ms, is G-Sync really necessary? Will it have any visible effect?

10. Midas Touch

Reputations:
    According to most people "no" because they said that G-Sync will only work when your FPS is lower than your monitor's refresh rate, that is true...but in some cases you won't be able to reach 120+ FPS with games like Mass Effect Andromeda even with a GTX 1080, so if your FPS is not in constant 120 FPS = screen tearing, so a 120Hz/3ms goes right out of the window.

So IMO G-Sync is a must have, enabling when you need it, disabling if you don't need it. Plus having it there will give you more future proofing, because 3-4 years from now a GTX 1080 will less likely going to reach 120+ FPS, and during that time you may find G-Sync very useful.

hmscott likes this.